Chapter 24 : Choices

Chapter 24

(Mercy's POV)

He didn't move, as his eyes stared blankly into my own. I waited for his annoying laugh or sly grin but instead, I was faced with an empty expression that made him look miles away.

Falling to my knees, I stroked his cheek, covered with a splash of blood. Even though the war still raged on, I couldn't hear a sound, nor see anything but my mates cold face. His heart beat was irregular and was quickly slowing down. I felt my wolf let a whimper out inside of my head,

"Mercy, please don't let him go."she cried.

A tear threatened to fall over for the first time in years.

"The little alpha grew on us, didn't he?"I whispered bitterly.

Only receiving another whimper before she shut me out and retreated to the darkest places in my mind. I hugged him close to my body, as I kneeled onto the ground in turmoil. The trolls should have killed me. He was too good to die! Why take away this great of a person?

"I could save him, you know."my vampire whispered.

"I thought you were dead"I spat harshly,

"A vampire can only die one way, my dear. And you are incapable of killing me unless you kill yourself."

A booming snarl, escaped me as I shook in anger,

"And how can you, help Dace? Your nothing but a filthy, blood sucker!"

"I hope you notice that by calling me a filthy bloodsucker, means that your calling yourself that as well. And I can heal your dear mate."

"How can you do that?"I trembled softly.

"Let me take control and I will show you."my vampire mocked.

I hesitantly looked around before answering, I even tried to connect to my wolf for guidance but she was still mourning her mate.

"Ok, but what is the catch?"

A menacing chuckle bounced through my head and I decided not to listen to the after effect for the sake of my sanity. Closing my eyes, I let the vampire take over but I still stayed close enough in my mind to be present in its actions.

(My Vampire's POV)

I slid the pathetic excuse of a werewolf, off my lap. Ignoring the annoying growl inside my head.

These people are like wild animals, I swear!

Extending my impressive fangs, I looked down at her so called mate and sunk my teeth into his disgusting blood. Feeling her fight me through our bond, franticly trying to take over but it was too late. I drained his body of blood and stood up just in time for a troll to come running towards me.

A stupid smile, lit up his face as he wobbled over to where I am standing. I tuned out the annoying cries of Mercy, as I dug my talons into its neck, then proceeding to rip its head off.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"she cried desperately.

I wanted to laugh at her lack of knowledge but instead I let her take control and sat back and watched the scene un play. This was going to be priceless.

She uselessly cried and screamed while holding his torn and bloodless body in her arms. Stroking his cheek as tears flowed down off her chin, she closed her eyes.

Imagine her surprise, when she opened her eyes and instead of his eyelids, she was met with a pair of beady, black eyes, starring back at her.

I guess it worked after all.

Welcome to being a vampire.

vote,comment and f4f plz!