Chapter 5: The choice

Chapter 5

{Dace's POV}

[FLASHBACK]

Guilt, started to sink in my stomach, as I watched Mercy storm out the pack doctors room.

Maybe it was a little too harsh, sending her friend Colton to the execution room. But that guy bothered me.He knows exactly what buttons to push.

Why was Mercy so close to him? He seems like a person shes comfortable with. What are they to each other.

Jealousy is what I sent Colton to the execution room for. But I'm starting to wonder if they are more than friends.

I decided to run and catch up with Mercy. She was far ahead of me though.I watched as she nearly ripped to door off the hinges,and went into the execution room.

I heard their muffled voices and decided to get closer to them. It seemed quite, so I peeked in to check if they were still there.

Pain. Came crashing down on my heart. I fought the urge to let a wale break from my mouth.

My wolf was already hurt from the, half finished rejection, and what we just saw nearly finished him for good.

How could she kiss another man? Am I not a good enough mate? Is he better than me? It was odd? They kissed exactly when I decided to peek. And the strangest thing was, I'm pretty sure he winked at me,knowing what he was doing.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

I couldn't get the image out of my head. Sure, it's been awhile since I saw them but the wound was still open.

Rage seeped back into me. Did she know how hurt I felt right now?

A dark smile crept onto my face. I reached for my phone in my pocket and called Trish.

"Dace don't do it! Our mate just made a mistake!" my wolf cried.

I blocked him out, she was going to feel my pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

{MERCY'S POV}

Dace had been distant since our kiss together. I had even waited outside for the date, that he stood me up on.

Was he working? Did he forget?

I marched to his office and froze. A blonde haired woman was on his lap making out with him. At first I was angry, cause it looked like she was forcing herself on him. With black eyes, I yanked open the door.

I got a better view of what was happening. She wasn't forcing herself on her, he was forcing himself on the blonde. My eyes returned to their natural green, and I stood still. He turned his head slightly,she was leading kisses down his collarbone.

He stared right in my eyes,smirked and went back to kissing her.

I felt blinding pain erupt in my heart, clutching my chest tightly, I ran into Colton's new room.

He sat on the bed with a sad look on his face, not noticing my presence.

I cleared my throat and his head snapped up.

Colton's face brightened,"Mercy?"

I walked towards him, Dace had made my choice for me. If Colton treated me better than my own mate than so be it, I guess I'm rewriting fate.

I looked him straight in the eyes, and lowered my face, crashing our lips together.

Our lips were in perfect sync, he wrapped his hands around my waist,pulling me towards him. Lowering his head, he licked the spot where a mate is claimed,making me weak in the knees.

He wanted to officially be my mate. And I let him.

He kissed it one more time before sinking his canines in. Pain,flowed from my neck,but I was used to the pain. I wanted to curl in a ball and cry, but that girl is permanently,erased.

Instead, I kept my face neutral,working through the massive amount of pain.

Colton hugged me tightly,

"Mine."

Than he pulled me on the bed with him,wrapping me in his arms before we fell in a blissful sleep.

Dace's unfaithfulness,lost him a mate.