Chapter 7: Will Dace make it?

Chapter 7

Mercy POV

I stared at Dace's pale body. He was in a coma and the doctor said it was his choice to come back or not. My face was stiff from the tears that had been endlessly falling.

Colton, was rubbing soothing circles in my back. I hated his touch. Every little finger made me want to rip him to pieces. It was his fault!

"No it wasn't. Don't do something you will regret later." my wolf sighed.

I knew that, but guilt kept piling on my heart. They didn't deserve this. Colton has a mate out there and when he finds her, It would've been to late. Just because of my selfish, human feelings.

I turned my head to Colton. He looked at me with pained eyes. He knew I would pick my real mate once again. He brought our lips together one last time," I'll always love you" he mumbled. A tear ran down my cheek, before my face turned ice cold. I saw him brace himself," I Mercy, reject Colton as my mate."

He withered in pain but gritted through his teeth silently," I accept your rejection." Colton bolted out of the room and I was tempted to follow him.

Turning my attention back to Dace, I heard his heart beat grow stronger. My wolf yipped in excitement, he was returning to us.

I clasped his cold, pale hand into mine,"mate" I grumbled. Dace was mine, no one else's but mine. His wolf called out to mine, as I called out to him. "Dace baby, cone back to me my mate."

His eyes slowly lifted, letting me see his amazing eyes once again. A tear ran down my cheek, he is alive. Small corners of his mouth tilted up,"My mate" he croaked. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder," Your mate" I whispered. He growled in satisfaction before wrapping a possessive arm around me. Wincing at the pain it caused him, more tears ran down my face.

"We hurt our mate." My wolf whined.

I removed myself from his reach and stood up, hanging my head in shame. How could I do this? I let petty emotions get in my way once again.

He stood up, wincing in agony,"Don't you dare!" I cocked my head confused,"What do you mean?" He pulled me against him,"Don't shut me out". My eyes watered,"I hurt you".

He became angry and crashed our lips together. Pulling away, he looked right into my eyes,"It's my fault and I love you no matter what".

I put my arms around his neck, pulling him back to me," I love you too".

His face brightened and he hugged me tighter, letting out a shaky breath.

We were mates, till death do us apart. I loved him and he loved me.

Or so I thought.