Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

Dani and Kat drank a bottle of wine, apparently celebrating her birthday, which is apparently the norm, and Dani drank more than half of my beer. She was pretty drunk by the time I carried her in the door to our apartment.

"Do you think you can get changed?"

She nodded and a couple steps away almost fell before she caught herself just before I did, "See, I can do this, one minute."

Five minutes later I knocked on the door and she said I could come in. She had one of my shirts on and was just going to the bed when I came in.

"I'm just going to get changed, one second."

She put on a pouty smile and I kissed her before walking to the bathroom, she tasted like wine. She has only had a maximum of three beers all on separate occasions in the last two months so I'm surprised she drank that much. Although Kat did play a big part in that, saying she had to celebrate and Dani couldn't say no after the first two glasses of wine.

I grabbed a bottle of Advil and a couple water bottles and put them on the nightstand.

She looked exhausted as she crawled under the blankets beside me. Last time she talked, well rambled, about me and blushed hard in the morning when I told her some of the things she said like the fact that I am "sexier than the devil himself", or when she said it should be illegal for me to wear a shirt after she saw my abdomen. She turned pretty red the next day when I mentioned them and more. I had just laughed, and haven't stopped teasing her about it since.

"Kane?" 'Here we go.'

"Yes beautiful?"

"We should build the house this summer and move in in the fall."

"I would love to."

"Then we can get married and have kids. We can tuck them in at night before sitting on the balcony, and watch the sun rise before they wake up. Or we could have a big window in the bathroom by the tub so we can sit in there and watch it too, that would be nice." I wanted us to have kids so bad, people say that drunk words are true words, I wonder if that was true. Did she really want marriage and kids?

"Both of us in the tub?"

"Why not? I like when you hold me and we watch the sun, it's perfect. And I like baths so it's like two in one."

I shifted on the bed, adjusting my pants before laying back down.

"I already love our dream."

"Me too beautiful, me too."

She sat up and straddled me, "I love talking to you."

I smiled and she kissed me, I turned my head so I got her lips as she almost kissed my cheek.

"You moved." She said when she pulled away.

"Sorry, I won't move."

"Promise?"

"Promise, I'm not moving."

She studied my face before closing my eyes and shifting forward, which did not help resisting laying her down right now. Every night, even on the couch, I have to convince myself not to take her. I could never push her, which is always what gives me the strength to tell myself not to.

She kissed all over my face before just hugging me.

"Kane?"

"Yes."

"You can open your eyes handsome."

"Why thank you beautiful."

She pulled back, "We should talk more."