Neither of them objected as they rose from their seats and followed the girls to the dance floor. Well, Owen and Cameron followed, Miles plopped down in the seat beside me.

I was forced to acknowledge him now. In the weird, purple lightning I could tell he was nervous as well, his eyes on me briefly before darting down to his hand.

I relaxed a little knowing it wasn't just me silently freaking out.

"So, last night was—"

"Weird," I cut in and he laughed.

"I was going to say interesting, but that works too."

There was another lull filled with awkward glances and Kendrick Lamar lyrics.

"How'd your meeting with Victoria go?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"I kinda ran out on the meeting," I admitted, sheepishly.

"You know, there are open spots on the cross-country team, if you're interested."

He smirked playfully and a laugh escaped my lips. It was nice to know that he didn't take my rejection seriously.

"About last night," he shifted his body towards me. "I shouldn't have tried to kiss you. Not like that at least."

That last part left me speechless. Although speech would be a great thing to have at the moment. No matter how many swarms of butterflies occupied my stomach every time he spoke or laughed or smiled I still had rules that I had no intention of breaking.

No boys.

"Miles," I said, finally finding my voice. "We can't—"

"Stop." He stood, pulling me up with him. "Let's not get in to it tonight. We're here to celebrate our epic win at losing. So, let's just hang out. As friends," he offered. Burying things was my more my style and I was glad he was on board with it as well. "We can dance or go upstairs to the arcade."

I was gearing up to turn him down and suggest we do our own thing when what he said registered in my brain. "Arcade?"

It'd been a few months since I'd been to an arcade. One game in particular came to mind. It was a two player game, so I had to take him up on his offer to hang out. As friends.

"The look on your face right now is very cute."

The zoo in my belly was back and I tried to get the animals back in their cage. Now was not the time.

"None of that," I warned. "Friends don't call friends cute."

"Alright," he smiled, holding up his hands in mock defense. "The arcade is this way."

He lead me up some stairs to a less populated area. There were rows of different games including racing, shooting and even some classic games like Pac-Man and Tetris.

That floor also had a bar that served food instead of just drinks like the one down stairs.

My eyes scanned the room until saw it. Tucked in a corner, untouched. I'd never been so happy to see an air hockey table.

I tried to keep my cool as I made my way over to the table, Miles followed close behind.

"Didn't take you as the air hockey type."

I fished a few quarters from my wallet, feeding them into the machine. It came to life with flashing lights and theme music.

"This game has gotten me through some tough times," I told him, picking up my striker and the puck.