chapter fourteen

________________________________
one week later

Here's a little update. Hayden and Kenzie forgave Jayden, and everyone is on good terms. Tonight is homecoming, and I'm super nervous. No, Hayden unfortunately did not ask me. Johnny asked Kenzie and she said yes. They're so adorable together! Little does Jayden know that I secretly arranged Conner to dance with her. She's going to be estatic! As for me, I apologized to Katie and Liv so I will probably hang around them. As for Dylan, we are on a bit of a "break" until she can fully trust me again.

"I seriously love your dress!" I squealed, turning to Jayden. She was wearing a light purple open back dress with nude heels. Moving the curling wand towards her head, she smiled. "Girl, look at you!" she answered as I slapped on some nude pink lipstick.

"Look at me!" Kenzie giggled, opening my bedroom door. She revealed her tight maroon dress, which was so beautiful. We all shared a laugh. Once we were all done getting ready, we took a few pictures and made our way to the school.

-

As Kenzie quickly walked away to join Johnny, she left me and Jayden by ourselves on the crowded dance floor.

"Jayden, I have a surprise for you."

"Really? Oh my gosh, what is it?" she squealed in excitement.

"Turn around."

There Conner stood with a brightly flashing smile.

"May I have this dance?" he smirked while staring into Jayden's eyes.

"I've only been waiting for you to say that for about six years." Jayden blushed.

As she left, she mouthed the words "I love you so much" to me. Heading towards the snack table, I chuckle to myself. I look around in hope for Katie and Liv. Shoot! They weren't in town — they must've had a meet this weekend. My busy thoughts on who I was supposed to hang with were interrupted by a tap on the shoulder.

"I missed you." a voice mumbled.

"Hayden! Hi, I missed you too." I reply, hugging him.

"I was with my other friends, but you looked like you needed someone to keep you company. So here I am." he said, pointing at himself.

"Yeah, some company would be nice." I answered with a smile.

"Care to dance?" he asked, tossing his hand in front of me.

"Of course kind sir." I joked, taking his hand while heading towards the dance floor.

They played a few fun songs, but soon there was a slower song blasting in the gymnasium.

"I-I don't know how to slow dance." I worry.

"Just follow my lead." Hayden replies, placing my hands on his shoulders.

I let the music take me. I glanced around and saw all the other people on the floor. Some looked uncomfortable, but I was the total opposite of that. It felt like I was home; Hayden Taylor Summerall was my home.

Suddenly, the last verse of the song played.

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are
Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

Looking into his hazel eyes while he stared back into mine was beyond perfect. Next, he drew his eyes to my lips. "Oh my gosh, this was happening." I thought as he brought his face closer to mine. Hayden is going to kiss me. What? Oh my gosh! Yes! Wait. Wha-

"-Okay, who's ready for some karaoke?" the hostess yelled, immediately breaking me and Hayden's faces apart. We let go of each other as  I looked down at the floor to hide my pink cheeks.

-

A few people did karaoke, and although I really wanted to do it I was almost positive no one wanted to join.

Oh, I was so wrong.

"LeBlanc. Me, you, Perfect." Hayden whispered.

Perfect? We were perfect together?

Wait, he must be talking about the song Perfect.

"Of course." I fake smiled, getting in the semi-crowded line.

Around ten minutes later, it was finally our turn to get on stage.

"Here's Annie and Hayden singing Perfect by Ed Sheeran." the hostess announced as many heads in the audience turned. I saw Kenzie and Jayden mouth "good luck". Here goes nothing.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Hayden sang this portion right before we sang the chorus together. I lifted my head up just a second before my mouth opened.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

The song carried along as Hayden and I alternated between singing. The chorus was my favorite — it was the part where we both sang together. Unfortunately, this was the last time we would sing the chorus, therefore any part of the song.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

Although the song was over, Hayden kept his microphone in his hand.

"That was possibly the best moment of my life."  Hayden blurted.

"Mine too." I agreed, staring into his eyes.

"Julianna Grace LeBlanc; you are so perfect. I could just—"

And there it was. That was the moment I officially locked lips with the guy I was possibly in love with. His lips were soft and I wasn't going to lie; he was a great kisser.

Once we drifted our heads apart, he stared into my eyes in shock.

"I think I'm in love with you." he said, almost in a nervous tone.

And with that, he ran off the stage.

________________________________
authors note

why did hayden run off the stage? suspicious..

but finally some #hannie for y'all!!

SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER AH

[ 1072 words ]