Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"I apologize, Ms. Danvers," Gideon's quiet voice said. "But any other sedative I give you would not work with your metabolism."

"Thanks for trying, Gideon," Kara reached up and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"You're welcome, Ms. Danvers."

Kara took a few deep breaths before lowering her hand and looking to the side. The moment Oliver's concerned gaze met hers, she let out her breath in a rush. "Oliver," she smiled, tears blurring her vision.

Oliver grinned widely, and there were collective sighs of relief from everywhere in the room. "Welcome back, angel," he whispered, kissing her forehead.

Kara closed her eyes in relief, releasing his hand to hug him around his neck. "I knew you'd come back."

"I'll always come back for you," Oliver smiled, leaning down so their foreheads touched. "Especially when you're in danger like that. Not even a Nazi Earth could stop me."

"Thank Rao it didn't," Kara smiled.

Oliver smiled back, kissing her gently. "We need to talk when this is all over."

"Agreed."

Oliver backed up slightly, though he returned to holding Kara's hand as Alex and Clark walked over. "Hey there," Alex smiled, bending down and hugging her.

"Hey," Kara gave her a one-armed hug. "So much for getting away from it all, huh?"

"I should have known better than to think that a wedding on another Earth is gonna solve all of our problems," Alex grinned.

"Yeah, but you know," Kara grinned. "Fighting the evil doppelgängers of ourselves does kind of put those problems in perspective, doesn't it?"

Alex snorted. "Way to see the silver lining."

"I do hope this problem of yours is a certain Daxamite and not an archer in green," Clark smirked.

Kara laughed as Oliver rolled his eyes. "It is definitely not the love of my life, Clark."

"Careful, little one," Slade smirked. "Oliver doesn't need his ego boosted any more than it already is."

"You suck," Oliver glared at him.

Kara giggled as the tension in the room lifted at once, only to blink in surprise when she saw who was sitting on the other chair. "Malcolm?!"

"You weren't the only one to get shot by Nazis, almas," Malcolm grimaced.

"What happened?" Kara looked around, eyes wide.

"Firestorm separated to activate the gateway to breach us back here," Laurel explained. "Thea went to cover Jax, and Malcolm threw himself in front of a bullet meant for Stein."

"Think I'm on Sara's good side now?" Malcolm asked, a small smirk on his lips.

"Don't even joke about that!" Thea glared, smacking him on the shoulder.

"Though I think it's fair to say yes," Oliver chuckled.

"Great," Malcolm nodded. "Now all I need to worry about is the rest of the Legends."

"We'll just point them in our doppelgängers' directions," Slade snorted.

"Yeah, Ray is not happy you're here," Thea nodded.

"Why?" Alex frowned.

"His fiancée was killed in the siege," Oliver answered, making Slade wince.

"Oh," Clark blinked. "OK."

"It's not, but thanks for trying," Slade sighed. "Hopefully he'll be more pissed at my doppelgänger than me."