Chapter 13

A few days later...

Ryan's POV

It's been a few days since Chloe told me the news. I'm still a bit in shock. I guess I only thought we were going to have two kids. I've also heard that the adjustment from two to three kids is the hardest so this'll be interesting.

Dove's POV

We went to a doctors appointment yesterday so Bonnie and Zach watched the kids. They got married two years ago. It's been kind of weird...well really weird. They live together in my mom's house. I feel bad going over there sometimes because of what happened to Ryan's parents. I don't know what I would do without either of my parents in my life. There are definitely some hard days for him. I plan to bring up something I probably will regret, but he needs to think about it or at least consider it.

"Ryan?" I whisper and open the bedroom door. I see him sitting on the bed, on his computer and leaning back against the headboard.

"Hey." He whispers and closes his computer. I walk over to him and sit beside him. He kisses my forehead making me smile.

"I want to talk to you about something..." I tell him. He nods slowly.

"It's not another baby so...what is it?" He asks and I can tell he's getting nervous.

"It's been three years Ryan." I whisper and look at him. He sighs and turns away from me to look straight ahead.

"Three years and she hasn't called, texted or seemed to care at all. She didn't even go to his funeral." He says.

"I know, but you were the one who said you never wanted to see her again." I reply carefully. This is a touchy subject. "We also haven't seen Ally since Christmas, maybe we could go out to Minnesota." I say. He shakes his head and clenches his jaw.

"I don't want to bring my kids into this situation. I don't want to bring you into this situation. She's not important. I don't need her. I need you, Ashton and Grace." He explains, calmer than I expected him to be.

"I know but Ryan, don't you miss her?" I ask. He clenches his eyes shut and then opens them.

"No Chloe." He says and I can hear the frustration in his tone.

"I just want you to be happy Ry." I whisper. He finally looks over at me.

"I am happy. I'm happy when I'm with you and when I'm with our two beautiful children. They are my priority. You are, and so is this little one." He says and puts his hand on my stomach.

"I know but you need to make yourself a priority sometimes."

"I'm perfectly fine, Chloe."

"Just think about it for me."

"Ok."

"Thank you." I reply and peck his lips. He smiles.

"Want to take a little nap before the monsters wake up?" He asks.

"Sure." I say and we get under the covers and I fall asleep.

Ryan's POV

I stare at the ceiling and try to think through what she said. I can't help but wondering why she suddenly brought it up. It seemed random to me.

A/N- I'm gonna continue for a few chapters. No major plot just some conflict and rove cuteness.