Chapter Twenty Eight

Shraddha's POV

What the hell? Who could've sent this?

"Shraddha who is it?" Jacqueline asks.

"Nothing."

It must be a joke or something.

"Doesn't this feel good?" She smiles.

"Totally, becoming mothers changed our lives completely. We hardly have time for ourselves."

"Tell me about it. Jasmine doesn't like being alone for a second if I clean up or anything. She makes me sit with her until her Dad comes back from work."

"Rohan's exactly the same! Since he's started walking he follows me around the room. Are you ready for more sleep less nights?" I chuckle.

"I have to be. Baby number 2's on its way."

She gets a message and taps away on her phone.

"Anyway we should get back home to our husbands and kids." She stands up.

I drop her off home and then go to my Mums to pick Rohan up. I walk in to seem him sound asleep in mums arms.

"He just fell asleep 5 minutes ago." Mum says.

"His teethings getting worse he cries most of the night keeping me awake. No wonder he's so tired."

"That's how life becomes when you become a mother. All you sisters used to keep me up at night." She states.

"4 kids I don't know how you did it."

I go to pick Rohan up but he clings onto mum.

"Leave him here with me for the night. And you can have a lie in, come pick him up tomorrow."

"No I'll take him." As I go to get him he stirs and starts to whinge.

"Shraddha leave him and go home. He'll be fine and that way I'll get some time with my grandson." She insists.

As you know you can never argue with your mum. "Okay." I sigh and take my bag. I kiss Rohan on the cheek and go back home.

"How was your spa day?" Varun asks

"Great. By the way Rohan fell asleep at my Mums so she said to leave him there with her and pick him up tomorrow." I put my bag and keys away.

I turn around to see him smirking. "That's perfect! So it's just us." He winks. (And you guys know what happens next.) 😂😉

The next day...

I wake up wrapped in Varun's arms. I
automatically turn to look at Rohan's cot. It feels so weird not waking up for him. As I normally get up around this time I couldn't go back to sleep and start thinking.

Who sent that text? Was it serious?

"Shraddha?" Varun snaps me out my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"What's bothering you?" He asks as if he just read my mind.

"Nothing." I lie.

He looks at me and raises his eyebrow.