Chapter 3

AN: This was supposed to be a one shot guys! XD Hope you are proud of yourself, now I feel like I'll have to make an entire story plot around those 2! haha! Just kidding, I love writing and if sequel to this is what people want to read, then be it! :)

God did your brother throw a fit at you when you told him you were not going to spend Christmas at your grandmother again this year. You know your family loved you, you didn’t see them often enough, Kankri even went as far as to give you the guilt trip of your life, telling you it might be your grand-father’s last Christmas. Fuck that idiotic piece of shit always trying to run your life for you. The all ended with you taking a 2 hour drive to go visit your grand-parents the day before you were leaving for Shanghai with your best friend Gamzee and his boyfriend’s family.

“Oh! How sweet of you to come by to see us Karkat!” Your grandmother greats you with a wet kiss on your cheek as soon as you set foot in the small country house. 

“Of course, I can’t be here for Christmas this year; the least I can do is come over before flying across the fu- across the globe.” You say, trying your damn best to hold the curse.

You spend the night over to their place, having dinner with them for what could be the last time; your grand-father his ill and needs a machine to breath and you know it’s only a matter of time until he passes away. Your grand-mother and yourself chat a little over a homemade pie after the dinner, your grand-father letting out short words of agreement and even chuckles every once in a while, but that’s as much as he can do without exhausting himself or running out of breath.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You drive back home after a good time with your grandparents; you wouldn’t admit it, but you were happy you did spend a little time with them, seeing your grand-father like this really does hurt a little. But now is not the time to think about this, you are going back home to pack your suitcase, mostly going over what you have already packed because you were too excited to wait until the very last minute to do so. You had mentioned Sollux to your grand-parents and even though you’re not sure your grand-father caught the fact that your lover was actually a guy, you know your grand-mother did and lucky you, she didn’t seem to mind so much. You glance at the box of homemade cookie she gave you before you left, insisting on the fact that you had to keep a couple for Sollux, and smile a little. You have to say, you like your family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You meet up with Gamzee and Tavros at the airport, letting your suitcase roll behind you, Kankri didn’t mind waiting for you to be in the airport before turning the engine of the car and zoom out of the parking lot; he was probably excited about having the whole house to himself for the next 2 weeks, you like to think that your brother is not one of the biggest slut of the universe and will definitely not do it on every surface of the house with his lover when you’re gone.

“Hey best friend!” Gamzee greets you as you walk up to them; Tavros and his parents were waiting for drinks at the airport coffee shop and you hope they wouldn’t pay too much attention to you during the flight, and Gamzee is surprisingly not wearing his usual clown face paint. You will have to thank Tavros for kicking some common sense into the juggalo about scaring the whole custom department and making them late for their flight.

“Hey… is it just us?” You ask, not sure how many persons were in Tavros family.

“Yeah just us brother! So you excited to get your motherfucking sexy time with this Chinese motherfucker?” Gamzee asked as if it was the most normal thing to ask, earning himself a glare from Tavros’ mother, which he totally did not notice.