Chapter 44

Emerald's POV

Blag!!!

I woke up at the sound of someone falling on the floor. My heart throbbed as I peered at the foot of my bed trying to figure out who or what it was. 

Am I dreaming?

My eyes shifted instantly at one of the windows. It was open. A strong wind must have opened it. 

I heard someone groaned at the foot of my bed, like an animal in pain. My God... Someone is in my room!

My first instinct was to ran to the door when I saw a silhouette of a man struggling to stand up. From the dark clothes he was wearing, I knew he was a burglar.

I covered my mouth preventing myself from freaking out. Fear and terror overwhelmed me. 

I had no choice but to stay on bed and pretend to be asleep. I would just let him do his thing, steal anything and go, rather than confront him. I read in the internet about nasty things happened during robbery. Hysterical victims and those who struggled ended up being murdered.

I peered and saw him standing so tall, staring at me at the foot of my bed. He was scaring the hell out of me!

Then he moved closer tiptoeing like a cat until he was so near. All my nerves were trembling, my brain was panicking as he reached out his hand to me. I could not control my physiological reaction anymore, I had to fight or flight.

"AAaahhhhhh!!!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and ran to the door. 

I managed to open the door before he could reach me and was greeted with a commotion from dad, Zion and the security running upstairs. 

"There's someone in my room!"

"We saw him." Dad ran upstairs holding his shotgun. "He'll regret coming inside our house tonight."

"Get downstairs, mom and crystal is in our room with Claire." Zion instructed as he followed behind dad, holding a baseball bat. 

I pitied the burglar. I'm sure he won't see the sun again. 

I ran downstairs, avoiding the other men rushing upstairs, until I bumped at Erickson. 

"Ouch!" I touched my head as it hit his. 

"Sorry, Miss Emerald. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said and ran passed him. 

"Miss Emerald!" Erickson shouted and followed me downstairs.

I stopped and looked at him. He sure was in a panic as he approached me. 

"Miss, it's the Prince. The man inside your room is not a burglar, but Prince Philip. I helped him get inside your room because he wanted to see you." Erickson's expression was full of regret. "I'm sorry, Miss. I'm afraid I was not able to inform your father about it."

"What!?" That made me freak out. If that's Harry, Oh my God!

I ran back upstairs, as fast as I could, hoping that I could save Harry. 

Harry's POV

"Emerald wait! It's me, Harry."

I ran to the door to follow her and instantly, I was attacked by a group of men. I could not see them, the room was dark. But I heart the familiar voices of Mr. Eros Petrakis and Zion.

"I got him!" Eros Petrakis yelled as he yanked me on my back.

"Hey! It's me." I struggled and groaned painfully when he twisted my arms behind my back. "Arggh! Stop it, man."