Chapter 16

Playlist ♪♫

"Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported." - Healthyplace.com

Harry's POV

"I told you what really happened, man. Those girls brought her in my room." I took my cup of hot green tea. "I did not sleep with her."

"I trust you, bro. I'm just asking you again. You know that aside from my family, you're the only guy I could trust with Emerald." Zion chuckled. "I know you treat her like your own sister."

That statement made me sip the hot tea abruptly, scalding my tongue. "Um, yeah. Of course."

Honestly, I had never felt any sisterly affection towards Emerald. In fact, that was the last thing I'd ever wanted. I witnessed her growing up. She was too spoiled, attention seeker and the most narcissistic girl I'd ever known. I did not know how Zion handled having a sister like her.

But I could not deny being fascinated by her. Who wouldn't? As a kid, she was very pretty. Funny that she was not in the least embarrassed showing her crush on me. She let it known to everyone. Whenever I was in their house, she was at the corner staring dreamily at me. When I noticed her, she blushed easily. 

I was flattered of her attention. I knew that I shouldn't since she was still a kid. Zion often reminded me to ignore her girly fantasies, she'd get over it when she'd hit puberty. And he was absolutely right. When she was knocked with her senses, she ignored me like I was a piece of shit!

"Just send us a message when you get there. Mom often worry much." Zion's voice drifted me back to the present.

"I will, as soon as we get there."

"Thank you. Take care of her, bro. We know that this is for the best."

"It's the only option at the moment."

____

"We're not going abroad. It will create more scandal if the paparazzi will see us leaving the airport together."

"So... where are we going?"

"In the countryside, at the Rosefield Castle."

Her eyes grew bigger. "Rosefield Castle? Oh, I love the countryside. That's what I need right now. Peaceful environment that you could hear the chirping of birds in the morning. The smell of fresh air, flowers and trees... I can't wait."

"That's good." I checked the time on my watch. "We'll be leaving in an hour. Be ready."

"Of course!" She answered. 

Emerald's POV

My makeups, hair extensions, stilettos, my gown, my bikinis... well, it's a castle, they surely have a pool in there. As well as a gym, tennis court, spa... I'm so excited.

A helicopter took me and Harry to the countryside. So odd that one of the bodyguards that escorted us was the man I thought was the Prince. He was actually married and had two kids. Yeah, I asked him when I noticed his wedding ring. 

The helicopter landed in a vast land. A three story white building standing in the middle of the greeneries that looked more like an office. A yellow Hummer was parked outside, with a middle-aged heavily bearded man beside it.

Oh-oh... this is not what I expected. The place looks so boring already.

The man approached us, as we went down from the helicopter. He neck bowed at Harry then at me. 

"Hello, Blake." Harry greeted.

"Good afternoon, your royal highness." He gave the keys to Harry while the bodyguards put our bags at the back of the SUV. Harry asked me to get inside while he was still talking to the men, giving instructions.

I leaned back inside the car, thanking that it was not the place. Well, it did not look like a castle though and no field of roses. I looked at the back of the car. It was loaded with boxes. What are those?

Harry drove the car. I checked the time, thirty minutes gone and we hadn't arrived yet. My heart was pounding so fast, as I looked at the road getting narrower and narrower. We were getting so far away from the civilization. All I could see were green land and mountains. Grass and trees were everywhere. No house anywhere. 

"Are you sure we're not lost?" I asked Harry. Then looked at the flowing river, as we passed by.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Of course not. I know where we're going. I've been here before."

"Are we almost there?"

"Actually, we're in the area."

Really? I became very excited. I looked around for the castle but couldn't find it. 

Harry entered a gate and parked the car outside a stone cottage. "We're here."

"Huh?" 

"We arrived. Come on, help me get our things out."

"Wait. Where's the Rosefield Castle? I thought we're going there."

He smirked and pointed at the stone cottage. "That's the one."

"No! That's not a castle. That's more... more like a cottage."

"Yeah, that's the Rosefield Castle Cottage. See that sign over there?"

I read the sign. Oh my God. It was clearly written in italic, Rosefield Castle Cottage. Darn it. "Where's the field of roses?"

"There's no roses in here. It's just a name given in honor of Princess Rose." Harry answered. 

What?! I was really disappointed. There was no castle, it was a cottage. No field of roses, but field of grass. 

We went inside the cottage. It was decent, not fancy at all and so small. I was so shock! Inside a fifty square meter house were a couch and armchairs, bookshelves, fireplace, dining table and a small kitchen. There were two rooms upstairs, I chose the bigger one to accommodate my two luggages. 

"Is there an internet here?" I asked Harry when I went down. He was carrying a box and put it in the kitchen counter.

His lips twisted. "None. There's no phone signal here either."

"What?" I took my phone and checked the signal of the network provider - there was none!

"I can't live here, Harry. There's no internet. I can't live without it. How can I communicate with my family and friends... the office, I have to answer important emails, and my Instagram account. I need to post in my account everyday."

"Your family knows where we are already, I talked to Zion. Your friends and the office can wait either, even your Instagram account. Our reputation is more important."

My eyes scanned the room again, then noticed many missing appliances. "There's no fridge in here? Not even a microwave and a toaster? How are we going to survive in here?"

"We have food and water. We will survive."

I looked at Harry as he opened the box he put on the kitchen counter. He was taking out canned goods, flour, eggs, olive oil, seasonings and other stuff. 

"Oh, okay." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm hungry now. Can you cook dinner?"

He paused and stared at me. "Sorry sweetheart. You have to cook your own food. I'm not your servant."

**Don't forget to Vote and Share this story to your friends**