25: Hearts, Lies, And Friends

"Alicia looks like the spawn of Satan next to you - Gerard's fucking 'perfect boyfriend'." Mikey grovelled, kicking the dirt with the heels of his vans. "She fucking loves you, you know. Gerard has the right to be jealous!" Mikey continued, his tone going through a gradual descent into a true demeanour of monotone and disgruntlement as the words departed from his lips.

"And of course she'll go on about how Alicia looks like a whore when of course Gerard is more of a fucking whore than she is." He added maybe just to accentuate his anger towards the subject, his eyes going cold momentarily as his lips pushed forward and back again to expel the two syllables that constructed Gerard's name.

"Does that hold any worth or meaning or are you just insulting him for the sake of it once again?" I drew my question out with a heavy breath wondering which answer I'd prefer. I settled upon neither after a few moments thought and then of course after another few moments of thought I settled upon the fact that at least one of the possibilities would fit the bill.

He shrugged my question off, seeming to not share my inner time bomb of tension at all. "Depends."

"On what?" I persisted despite the vague demeanour in which his words left his lips, leaving me with the suspicion that in answer to my further questioning, his responses would only traverse farther down the road to unspecificness and nonsensicality.

He shook his head, mumbling something which was inaudible apart from the words 'doesn't' and 'matter', which thankfully lead me to hazard what I deemed a pretty good guess as to what his answer entailed in full.

"I'm not saying Alicia's a whore of course. I'm not that shit of a boyfriend, you know." His words plunged up back into the realm of coherence like someone turning up the dial of volume on a radio or the regaining of hearing as you resurface in a swimming pool.

"Mhmm..." I mumbled, caring so much more about the abandoned point regarding Gerard than the whole subject of Alicia entirely. Alicia was important in some respects, but of course, her importance wasn't even comparable to Gerard's.

"I'm a pretty shit friend, but yeah- you're not listening are you?" He let out a heavy sigh, the sudden conclusion breaking through his thought path and eventually his words, cutting off his point entirely - a fact he would have minded a great deal more than I had.

"What?" I finally pushed a weary word into the silence and he shook his head in response; not out of denial or confusion, but sheer discontent.

"Alicia." Was the only explanation I got and of course needed, as I wasn't quite as keen upon the reciting of her entire life up to this very moment as Mikey was.

"So when is your mum going to meet Alicia? When are we going to meet Alicia?" I corrected myself as I pushed the point forward, quickly coming to realise that I had no face to the name 'Alicia' who had come up so often in my life as of recent.

"Hopefully never." Mikey scoffed, rolling his eyes and sucking in enough air to hollow out his cheeks almost completely, which did a fucking good job of both pissing me off and accentuating his cheek bone structure spectacularly. I liked to pretend I wasn't quite gay enough to have noticed the latter of the two as much as I did.

"We'll if you were going for that approach, why did you even mention Alicia in the first place?" I pulled off my rather spiteful remark with a smirk, as I glanced around the corner glad to see that none of the teachers had pulled on a full on search because Mikey had convinced me to skip class, which I was kind of nervous about, and that just made me feel nothing less than a little pathetic.

"I didn't." Mikey kicked a sandstorm of dirt up into the air, causing me to cough a little; it wasn't like cigarette smoke at all, because the dirt was a product of Mikey's existence and the smoke was of Gerard's. If Gerard had kicked the dirt up I'd probably be inhaling that with all my might too. "Gerard did."