"What?" Ocean asked innocently as she brought the cigarette back to her mouth and drew in a breath.

"Acting like that!" Niall began to get irritated. "Can't we just 'ave a civilised conversation?"

"What makes you think I want to have a conversation with you?"

"You owe me that much."

"I don't owe you anything," Ocean snapped and threw her fag on the floor, crushing it with the sole of her shoe. "Why do you even care?!"

"Because I just don't get why a person as tough as you perceive yourself to be, was crying so much the other day!"

Ocean looked at him completely gobsmacked. "You don't fucking know me! Do you not understand the English language when I tell you to 'leave me alone'?"

"I'll leave you alone if you just tell me what made you cry that night, yeah?"

"It's none of your fucking buisness!" She fumed waving her hands around in the air to express her frustration as his words tugged on something inside her that opened the door to all the emotions of that night. Her eyes suddenly began to swell with tears and she turned around before the popstar could notice them.

"Look, I didn't mean it." Niall mumbled as he very well caught the sombre expression on the girl's face, and immidiately thought his words had offended her. His words had offended Ocean, but merely because they brought back memories of Jasper.

Ocean suddenly sat on the kerb of the road, extending her legs out in front of her as she took out the packet of cigarettes and began to scrape on the box with a pebble she found beside her. It was a habit Ocean had picked up on; she didn't know why she did it, but she knew it somehow helped to calm her down.

"Don't you have to worry about what car you're going to buy next, or the shirt you're going to wear for your concert or something?" Ocean snapped, finally settling on lighting another cigarette and trying to stop her tears from snaking down her face.

"Maybe..."

Ocean gave a short cold laugh as she heard his reply, having taken it as an answer to her question.

"Why're you laughin'?" Niall looked confused as he didn't get the meaning of her reaction.

"You're so stuck up! If that's all you think about then why are you still here?! Why are you fucking still around me?!" Her words were like bullets, shooting at the Irish lad with determination and venom making sure they stung when they reached him.

The tears were quickly wiped from her face, and Ocean composed herself rapidly as she fiercely focused on watching the cigarette in her hand burn slowly; eating away at the paper roll and leaving hot embers behind.

"I didn't mean that; I was simply saying your name, trying to make you see that I'm not that type of guy, I-"

Feeling slightly embarrassed, Ocean turned her head and mumbled, "Oh."

"Look, if I tell you why I'm here, will you answer my question?" Niall decided to reason with her, not giving up on trying to find out what was wrong that night, as he came and sat next to her on the ground.

"C'mon. Please, Maybe.." He pleaded as he tried to catch her eyes.

However, Ocean merely laughed as she heard her fake name being mentioned again. It was a genuine laugh, that could no longer be withheld.

"Stop calling me that!" She finally turned to look at Niall in the eyes, as a curious smile was playing upon her lips.

Niall didn't know what was going on; he was 1) confused the girl was able to muster such quick recovery and compose herself as if she wasn't just crying, and 2) taken aback by her response. She was so unpredictable that he wasn't sure any of his words would be received as he intended, as she always managed a response that shocked him. He wasn't sure what he had called her, that made her object; but he didn't complain about the smile that was now capturing his full attention.

"What?" He asked as he caught the cheeky glint in her eyes.

"That's not my name..."

Niall shook his head, astounded and angry he had fallen for it. "I fucking knew it." He looked at her with a serious look in his blue eyes. "You're unbelievable."

Ocean threw her head back and laughed loudly; she couldn't believe the boy had fallen for it for so long. Her stomach began to hurt from laughing so much, and as she turned to meet Niall again she wasn't surprised to see him staring at her coldly.

"What is it then?" Niall asked, wanting to keep a serious face even though it was very hard to do, after having just seen and heard the beautiful sound the girl had given.

"Fuckoff." She smirked as she blinked, finally ceasing her laughs.

"C'mon man..." Niall dropped his head slightly emphasising on his seriousness.

"I'm serious!" Ocean laughed shortly, bringing her bottom lip in between her teeth and biting on it gently as she watched his serious reaction. "Fine! It's Ocean."

"Ocean?" He repeated as he met her eyes. She was no longer laughing, there were no gimmicks or teasing, she simply stared at him with those eyes that made him lose himself in them.

"You have a problem?" Ocean glared at Niall as she heard her name being rolled on his tongue.

"No, I actually believe you this time." He looked at her. It was such a quirky and unique name, that suited her perfectly. It reminded him of her eyes, that were sometimes blue as the ocean with waves of colour that came crashing onto them making him more and more intruigued and captivated. It reminded him also of her hair, flowing and silken as the ocean and blue as the sea. "I'm Niall; and that's my real name."

Ocean said nothing, as she remained locking her gaze with his.

"Ocean?" Niall repeated, his eyes darkening in thought.

"Yeah?" Ocean whispered as she noticed the change in his reaction, but remained indifferent about it.

"Nothing, I'm just testing you." He offered her a cheeky wink as he smiled at her, before adding, "It's a beautiful name."

"Are you flirting with me?"

It was Niall's turn to laugh; his laugh was deep and hoarse as it hitched onto his throat and made such a wonderful sound come out of his mouth. However, Ocean simply blinked and took no notice of the goose bumps it was creating on her skin.

"Maybe..." He grinned at her, his cheeks reddening slightly from the laughing excersise and the bluntness in Ocean's words. "I like to appreciate a good name, when I hear one. I think Ocean suits you, and it's beautiful."

"I know." She smirked, a dark and cocky flame gleamed behind her eyes as she refused to react to the effect the compliment was creating inside her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So I think I'm going to make Thursdays the upload date for this story; at least it'll give you guys something to look forward to! Haha.

Also, the title has changed. Again; sorry about that. I just think I'll definitely stick to this one though.

Please comment with your thoughts. What did you think of Ocean giving Niall the fake name? I thought it was quite funny tbqf.

Anyway, for everyone who spotted the Mean Girls quote in the story you deserve a gold star. There'll be more of them as the story progresses.

Enjoy and please VOTE and COMMENT! xo