"What are you doing, Jake? Let me go," She said, staring into my eyes.

I stared at her in a trance and forgot what I was going to say. She was beautiful even though she looked angry and glaring daggers at me.

"I asked you something and you didn't answer me. Why did you take those medicines?"

"Jake, stop! It doesn't work like this. If I am not supposed to care about you then you've no right to care about me," She said gritting her teeth.

She was infuriating me. I wanted to tell her that I was allowed to care for her. I was allowed to care for everybody in her family because they were the only people left in my life that I could call mine.

I placed my hand on her back and pulled her closer, trapping her between my arms.

"You can stay right here in my arms as long as you want because I'm not going to let you go. Now tell me what were those drugs for?" I asked her.

She stared at me and her face softened.

"I take those pills to keep my serenity. After my parents' accident, I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope; it's nothing serious but occurs when I feel extreme emotions like excitement or distress. It's nothing to worry about," She explained.

"You never told me that you had this. I was so worried when you passed out," I said.

She leaned closer and whispered in my ear. "You have been gone for a long time, Jake. Many things have changed in the past six years."

"I can't agree more. You've have changed a lot."

"I'm all grown up now. Not a silly girl anymore."

"I've to disagree with you here. You're still a silly girl," I said with the amused smile.

She slapped my chest playfully then attempted to move but I didn't let her go.

I stared at her not knowing what was happening to my genius brain. I wanted to hold her longer in my arms because she felt perfect.

We heard the sound of someone clearing throat loudly and jumped apart.

Alyssa was standing there looking at us with her wide sapphire color eyes. Her gaze held amusement and confusion.

"I was coming to check on you, Elena. You suddenly disappeared," Alyssa said staring at Elena.

"Yeah, I wasn't feeling well. I just went to my room to freshen up. But I'm fine now, let's go back."

Elena dragged Alyssa with her, not even looking back at me once.

I had no idea what was wrong with me. Why didn't I want to let her go? Why did my heart begin to beat faster? Why couldn't I stop staring at her?

I hadn't felt this way since I lost Hanna. She was the only woman who could make me crazy.

Why it had to be her? I asked myself but didn't receive any answer.

"I needed a drink," I mumbled to myself.

I went back to the gathering and picked the glass of wine. Without thinking much I chucked the entire glass down. Unintentionally, my eyes searched for her once again.

Noah made his way to me.

"Where did you disappear?" He asked with a frown on his face.

"I was talking to Elena," I told him the truth because I had nothing to hide.

"Where is she now?" He asked me.

"With your wife," I said.

He nodded his head and then the dinner was served. Noah stayed with me, he introduced me to his cousin and some of his friends.