Chapter 6: Heart Horse

Tori lead me into the cafeteria and let me say, I was amazed. It was HUGE. At least over 200 tables filled with all different kinds of people. The buffet looked delicious. It was at least 9ft long, with all sorts of things. Pancakes, waffles, a bunch of cereal, muffins, yogurt, eggs, bacon etc.

"Enjoy your breakfast Lily! I'll be back shortly so we can go down to the barn!" Tori said as she snatched a blueberry muffin and walked out.

I grabbed a plate and began filling it. I got two pieces of toast, eggs, little round waffles, strawberries and orange juice. As I was walking away from the counter I saw Mia and Belle and started speed waking towards them.

"Hey girls!!" I said sitting down across from them.

"Lily!!! How'd it go? What classes do you have?!" Mia started asking me.

"It went great! A lot of rules, but pretty easy to follow. Tori is so nice! Here is my schedule," I pulled out a paper from my pocket and handed it to them.

"No way!! I'm in A period history and English too! And I'm doing equitation on the flat G period as well!" Belle nearly jumped out of her seat.

"Yesss I'm in G period Eq on the flat too!! And I'm doing beginner hunters as well!" Mia exclaimed.

"Yay I'm so excited!!" I said taking my paper back. Good to know I have a few classes with my new friends.

"So how's your food?" Mia asked a few minutes later. I bit into the waffle and it was so warm and tasty.

"Mmm, best breakfast I've had in a while!" It really was. All the food was so fancy and perfect.

A short while later, the first bell rang. Kids started leaving the room. It was loud and very crowded. I got up and threw away my plate said goodbye to Mia and Belle. Just as the last kid was leaving, Tori Came in.

"Ready to meet your assigned horse?" She smiled.

"I'm so ready!"

We walked out the cafeteria and down a long hallway. We passed the main office and went out the front door where I first came in from. There was a lot of kids outside walking around. Some of them were leading horses, while others were on the horses walking into arenas. We soon made it to a huge, white barn. It was gorgeous.

"Here we are! Are riding academy's very own, Winter Crest Stables!"

Beautiful horses everywhere. The barn was so well clean, it looked brand new. Huge champion ribbons hung from stalls, as well as trophies and other awards on the walls. Some girls dressed in gorgeous dressage breeches and cute polo shirts, were tacking up beautiful Friesians. Dressage always looked fun to me, but I was never really interested in learning how to do it. We finally made it to a stall all the way on the end of the barn across from two huge wash stalls.

"I have a feeling you're going to like this one," Tori did smiling, as she opened the stall door. We walked in.

Inside the stall, was a gorgeous bay.

"This is Hunter. He is a quarter/draft mixed gelding," Tori reached out her arm and Hunter gently sniffed it.

"He's so pretty," I said slowly waking over to him.

"Isnt he? He just turned 14. And I think he's the perfect horse for you, wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because he can do western barrels and Hunter/jumpers!"

No way! He truly is perfect for me!

"Does he have a show name?" I asked.

"Yes! His show name is: 'Bringing in the Blues' which he really lives up too because he is one of our top hunter horses on the show team! Last year he won over 20 champions in a row! A breaking record for a horse in our show program!"

"Oh my! What a little star, aren't you Hunter?" I smiled and he started to walk towards me.

"I think he likes you," Tori said crossing her arms.

"You think so?" Hunter stopped in front of me and I looked into his beautiful brown eyes. He lowered his head almost indicating for me to touch him.

"Aww he wants you to pet him!"  I reached out my arm and slowly stroked his neck. So soft and fuzzy. He let out a little neigh.

I think I found my heart horse.