"you didn't look like the kind of guy who'd rape someone" her voice shakes 

"I bet the blond one didn't look like he'd lunge the way he did" he says  "would it have been worth it?"

"what?" 

"Offering your help" he answers "would it have been worth the risk if I actually did take advantage of you?"

If he asked her this question before she actually tasted slightly what it's like to be rapped, she would've answered in a heart beat. But now, she swallows her sickness and blinks the memories away. 

"But you didn't" 

he shrugs "I was too tired" 

she ignores the disgust and hate she feels for this man "thank god for that" 

"Thank god indeed" he says "although I bet if I made up a sob story you'd welcome me with open arms am I right?" 

"you are sick"

" and you're naive"

"My naivety saved Richard's life" she points out "seeing that you traveled so far to fetch him, I'd say that counts for something" 

"you have a sharp tongue for someone who claims to be so compassionate"

"I'm no fool" 

"Oh but you are" he says eerily  "either you don't know who I am or you're choosing to ignore it. Either way, very stupid indeed" 

her heart starts to beat wildly "you're a soldier, a general" she says "you've been sent by the kin-"

"and who's the king?" 

"haven't seen him yet"

"what's his name?"

she opens her mouth but stops short when she realizes she actually has no idea. She's shocked more than anything over the fact that no one has ever mentioned the King's name before. 

"why do you ask?" she says instead 

"why do you think?"

she feels like the colors have drained from her face. She looks down from him "are you related to him?"

"you can say that"

"are you a cousin?" she asks "you don't look like royalty"

suddenly the head barges in

"your highness!" she says, breathing hard. She looks like she ran "I wasn't aware you were here" she glances at Bell who's frozen "forgive me"

"I snuck in" he says "how's the two fighters?" 

"they're both hurt my king but not worst than usual..." she looks at Bell "I apologize for her behavior, I'll release her from her job right awa-"

"no" he says, looking straight into her eyes "let her stay"

Bell's mouth is slightly opened, not comprehending fully.

Bell feels like the breath has been knocked out of her. He watches her shock without any emotions on his face but Bell knows his eyes are twinkling from the smugness. 

"she's too much trouble your highness. I believe it would be better to kick her-"

"look at her" he cuts in "she doesn't look like trouble to me"

"she's been stealing books..." she trails when he shoots her an annoyed look 

"I'll deal with it myself your highness" she bows down "I apologize" 

he pushes himself off the door frame and walks away. 

The head walks over to her. 

"What's the king's name?" Bell says softly. She feels like there are cotton balls in her ears. 

She looks up at the head only to reflexively shut her eyes when feels a sharp pain on the side of her face. The force knocks her to the ground. She grunts in pain. 

"you made me look like a fool" she hisses "why was the king here to talk to you?!" 

she blinks the blackness from her vision and tries to understand what she's asking. 

"why is the king interested in you?!" she asks her sharply

"he isn't" she replies back 

"then why was he here?!"

"I don't know..." 

the head stands up and says "you are worst than the plague" 

Bell turns on her back and stares at the ceiling as she hears the door shut again. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm going to start writing and updating faster. Maybe twice a week too because I'm starting to get excited about where this is going. 

And keep commenting and showing your support because it honestly inspires me to open my laptop and continue writing. 

Thank you to everyone who voted and commented in the previous chapters, means a lot. ❤️❤️❤️

-P.p | 01,03,2018 (2:48 am) Abu Dhabi time |