Chap5-Meet my Crazy and Very Black BFF

Start from the beginning

After convincing the twins they’d love her, we were headed back to my house. I held my breath as we made our way through the Moore’s house. Once we were in their front yard, I saw Shae. She was standing at the bottom of my stairs, arms crossed and taping her foot. Her hair was braided into a mohawk with red streaks throughout it. She was wearing a red tank top, zebra print shorts, and a black blazer. She didn't let the 95 degree weather affect her outfit choice as any normal person would've lost the blazer, but not her. She was even wearing a pair of black converse boots. I shook my head as I checked out her outfit. I had to admit it was cute, but it was too hot for me to try to pull that off.

“Where the hell were you?” She stood in her place, not bothering to close the distance between us. I waited ‘til we were in my yard to reply. “It’s not nice to…”

“Yeah, yeah, I know! Inconsiderate to yadda yadda blah blah blah on and on. Where were you?” She knew I’d complain about her yelling as I always did. It wasn’t that I was trying to cramp her ‘being black’ attitude, but yelling really was disrespectful to our neighbors.

“If you had let me finish on the phone! I was at the lake behind the Moore’s house. You don’t mind do ya’ mom?” I sarcastically referred to my friend’s worried state.

“Oh!” She said finally taking notice to Luke, Cyndie, and Cynthia. “OH My Gosh! You guys are tooooo cute!” Shae said advancing toward the twins and pinching both of their cheeks.

“That’s enough,” I said pulling her away. “These guys are the adorable twins, Cyndie and Cynthia! And this is Luke.”

“Oh, just Luke huh?” Shae knew that when I liked a guy I wouldn’t give many details when I introduced him. I always did this so my introduction wouldn’t sound creepy. The guy doesn’t need to know Exactly how I feel about him. “No, amazingly hot Luke, just plain old Luke?” Shae nudged me before extending her hand toward Luke.

“Nice to meet you, but I didn’t catch your name.” Luke smiled at my best friend. I frowned and then pouted. His charming smile should only be for me. I immediately regained my smile. I don’t know why him smiling so widely at Shae had me upset. We had only shared a kiss. An amazingly, hot, kiss. Thinking about the kiss made my smile brighten.

“Guys, this is Shae.” I replied, but at the same time Shae squealed. “OH! Your accent! It’s so…adorably h-h-hot. Yeah, you’re definitely not ‘just Luke’ more like Amazingly hot with an awesome accent Luke. I like you guys already! There’s no way you guys are related to that bimbo Beatrice.” I cut my eyes at her last statement. “Ok, I’m sorry she’s not a bimbo, but sometimes her comments infuriate me. ANYWAYS! Would you guys like to go to the mall with us? Stephanie lost a bet and has to let me give her a makeover!” At that the twins got excited!

 “Yes, can we go please? I’ve always wanted to be a part of a makeover. Maybe you can convince Auntie to give us some of our spending money? I’m sure we’ll even find something for you! If you want, we can give you a makeover too!” They turned and haggled with their brother. 

“How old are you girls? I think I just find two more best friends!” Shae asked super excited about the twin’s interest in fashion.

“We are 10.57. Our birthday is November the 27th. Can we please be your best friends?! I’ve always wanted one.” So it was decided that Shae and the twins were now best friends, they even shook on it.

As we prepared to go to the mall, I sent a quick text asking my parents, then headed to my room. The Greens had gone back to their Aunts house to get dressed. Before leaving, Luke asked for my cell phone number then typed it into his Iphone. He asked me if he could text me whenever he felt like it. I agreed, not knowing what to expect. I was nervous about whatever he was plotting.

Shae helped me pick out an outfit for shopping. An hour later, we were sitting in my living room waiting to hear back from the Greens.

I was afraid Luke didn’t want to hang at the mall with 4 girls, but Shae said he would go anywhere for me. Sometimes Shae says stuff that is off the wall and wrong, but she swears Luke and I are sending each other love signals. This caused me to think about the kiss again and I spilled it all to Shae. She shook her head and ‘omg’ed at the right moments, but she never interrupted. Once I was finished she smiled and nodded towards my phone. I had a missed call and a text from a number that wasn’t in my contacts.

I opened the message that read

‘Hey, it’s Amazingly hot with an Ace accent Luke. I talked my Aunt into letting us go to the mall, but she said I had to drive as well in case we need to leave early. We are outside your house.’

I jumped off the couch, cut off the TV and lights, and headed to the door. When I got ready to lock the door, I noticed Shae hadn’t followed me. I reentered my house embarrassed.

“A guy comes into the picture not even one week and you’re forgetting me already,” chuckled Shae as she moved from the dark living room and exited my house. I locked the door and we made our way to Luke’s car. The dark blue paint was shimmering in the sun. I remembered the car and its awesome speakers from the first day Luke and I met. I couldn’t wait to take a peek inside.

“How about you guys ride together and we load my two amigos in my car? I promise to drive the speed limit, safe, and I’ll even cut off my dirty music.” Shae was always scheming, but as always it felt good to have her on my side.

“That’s a great idea!” Luke agreed, quickly getting out to help Cyndie and Cynthia get situated in Shae’s car. Once they were buckled up, he got to the passenger door of his mustang and held the door open for me. Once I was seated, he even tried to help put on My seatbelt, but I swatted his hands away, giggling at his flirtatious move. Hearing my laughter, he seemed content and returned to the driver side. It was nice having someone around who was happy simply to see me happy.

 I knew I shouldn’t get attached, summer flings always end. No matter how in love the couple is, summer flings end and hearts are broken. I read it, I watched it on TV, hell, I even heard a few first hand stories of summer flings ending badly. Now I was setting myself up to experience it. I knew I should mask my feelings, but I couldn’t help myself as I took Luke’s hand in mines, prepared for the 20 minute drive to the mall and whatever else summer had in store for us.

**************___________************

A/N:First Story soo PLEASE let me know what you think! If you like it vote! If not, comment and tell me why. Thank you for reading

I wanted to add one more chapter! I really enjoy writing and I get so lost in the story. I'm probably going to be brought back to reality if my mom finds out I've been staying up to 3 in the morning on the computer hahah hope you guys like it!

I need you guys help in selecting a cast!!!! If you have anyone in mind just comment and let me know:)(:

Remember:

Stephanie is black, 18 years old

Shae is black, 18 years old but with more attitude

Luke is white, no age yet, he's not young, he's British

Cyndie and Cynthia are white, British, and twins, 10. 57 years old

I appreciate any input:)(: