You are MINE....

[Author's Note :  This Romance Techno-Thriller story is an one shot, short story. ]

Hi.     Are you coming here (or) should I come there?

Chandni read the message and smiled.     So, this is what he did, huh ?!

Chandni lived alone in an high rise apartment in Mumbai. Her parents were dead and she dint have many friends. She was working for a call centre and returned home at odd times. That left her sleeping at a time when the whole world was awake and running; and working at a time when the whole world slept peacefully.

Recently she broke up with her boyfriend. Arnav was very possessive about her but sometimes manhandled her too. He knew she had nowhere else to go. When it came to lovemaking he was the best, but when he turned physically abusive, it was too much to handle. The bruises would take days to vanish. One fine day she called it quits.  He hurt her further by saying that he was only using her for 'pleasure'.

She felt all the more heartbroken, lonely and sad after that.  Life seemed to have come to a standstill.  She cried bitterly on many nights.

Her favourite timepass is to watch her opposite building apartments

Her favourite timepass is to watch her opposite building apartments.     With so much of space constraints, the buildings constructed in Mumbai are so close to each other, that you can actually watch the movements of others in the opposite buildings.  There are so many apartments on each floor that you can actually feel like you are watching a movie or surfing a TV channel !!     You get to watch live performances and live audiences - each, very different from one another....

Chandni stood as usual at her bedroom window, with her binoculars on hand.      So, an old widow enjoying Valentine's Day all by herself.  Father next floor brings in a new girlfriend and sends his kindergarten son inside to study.  5 bachelors are enjoying cricket on V-Day.   College pairs in the parking lot and stairs of each floor kissing and hugging each other with lots of bouquets and heart-shaped balloons.  A newly married couple making it out  and totally forgot to close the curtains in passion.   Middle-aged couples fighting as usual.    Mother feeding a baby. A handsome boy waving at me... WHAT?

 WHAT?