Visitations and Explanations

Start from the beginning

 Mallow looked past me and into the house, before sighing. "Fine, if you do need anything, let us know." She said.

I nodded. "Thank you Mallow. Tell the others that I'm sorry that we can't make it." I told her.

Mallow smiled at me and nodded. "Of course, have a good day Lillie." She said, before turning and walking off the porch and heading down the road.

Lana stared at me for a few moments, almost as if she was searching my soul for something. She followed Mallow off the porch a few seconds later, and once again I was left alone. I looked around at some of the stuff outside, before closing the door and walking back inside.

A few minutes had passed before I walked back into the room Ash was in. I sighed and walked over to where he was laying down and sat down on the edge of his bed. "Why'd you take those attacks for me Ash?....It should be me laid up in the bed, hurt and unconscious...not you." I said to both him and myself.

My mind started racing on its own accord, rapidly conjuring up numerous scenarios of what happened the previous day, Each one being worse than the last. Images of Ash laying on the ground, un-moving and unresponsive, flashed in front of my eyes.

The images were surreal, I felt like I could reach out an touch them, almost as if it was happening right in front of me. 

I started shuddering, tears rolling down my face and dropping into my lap as I cried. everything that I had tried to keep buried was coming to the surface, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

The images stopped flashing before my eyes after a minute or two, but it was impossible for me to get a hold of myself. The dam had burst, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I sat there for the next little while, crying and attempting to get myself under control. I realized two things during that time. I was able to realize how afraid I was that I might lose Ash...And how dear he was to me.

I heard a quiet groan emanate from beside me. I let out a small gasp before I turning around and watching Ash's eyes open.

His eyes darted back and forth, before he tilted his head to the side and looked at me. "Hey.. Lillie." He hoarsely said.

I smiled at him as I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks once more.

"Damn tears." I thought to myself.

Ash had just started sitting up when I hopped towards him and threw my arms around him, hugging him hard.

"Ash!" I said in excitement and relief, the tears returning once more in force.

Ash's POV-

I looked down at Lillie while she had her arms wrapped around me, I blushed and smiled a little. I tried raising my left arm to pat her on the head, when I felt a sharp pain shoot through it.

I grunted and reached over, grabbing my arm and holding it. "Ugh..What happened to me?" I asked Lillie while I looked down at myself.

Lillie pulled back after a few seconds and looked at me. "We....were attacked yesterday...you took a couple hard hits for me...you were injured while saving me." She responded. A bittersweet smile present on her face as she spoke. 

"You passed out after taking those hits....something came and saved the two of us a minute or so afterwards." Lillie continued.

"So I failed once again..." I thought to myself.

I must of had some sort of scowl or frown on my face, since I heard Lillie say. "Ash...What's wrong?" 

My eyes drifted down to her, finding that she was looking back up at me. I looked away for a moment, gathering my thoughts and deciding if I wanted to tell her. The answer became obvious rather quickly.