nine

author

mirae could see a memory of myungsoo, smiling at her

mirae could see a memory of myungsoo, smiling at her. the picture wasn't clear, but she knew it was him.

suddenly lights twinkled and the memory of myungsoo disappeared. an elderly lady appeared infront of mirae.

"g-grandma..." it was myungsoo's grandmother. "GRANDMA! you're alive!" mirae hugged onto the elder and cried on her shoulder.

"my child, you should not cry." grandma said and rubbed her back.

"grandma! myungsoo died! he died because of me!" mirae cried and clenched her fist.

"my child, if you loved him that much, are you willing to die for him?" grandma asked and mirae stared at her.

"w-what?"

"would you die for my grandson myungsoo?" grandma asked.

mirae thought for a while. she knew she loved myungsoo. she knew she loved him to the point where she would even die for him.

"yes. i would die for him." mirae held onto grandma's hands.

"are you willing to die in his place and allow him to live on forever?" grandma asked.

"yes." mirae answered without hesitation.

"mirae, my child, if you're are willing to die for myungsoo, will you go to heaven with me instead of him?"

"yes."

"is this your final wish?" the elder asked and mirae's heart dropped.

"y-yes." mirae smiled.

"i'll allow you to spend his birthday with him." grandma said and reassured mirae with a smile.

let's spend it together happily, one last time.