0:53 Chic (finale)

Start from the beginning

"Toni... he kissed me before pushing me out of his room. He's stopping himself and I understand that it may be for the best in his mind, but it wouldn't hurt to just try. He's such a good friend to me besides you, I don't want to lose him but I can't be in a friendship when I've fallen for him."

"Y/n, I don't know what to say. I know you have your mind set on this, so there's not much that I could do," Toni chuckled," look, just talk to him in a calm manner. Don't pressure him, just be honest with him."

"Okay. Thank you Toni, I love you."

"Whatever happens, I'll be right by your side. I love you too y/n." Toni scooted closer to you and rested her head on your shoulder.

**

"Uh thank you for agreeing to talk, Chic." You breathed out, quite awkwardly. Chic nodded, avoiding any eye contact, and shut the door to his room. He seemed tense and possibly troubled, making you begin to doubt your intentions for coming over.

"Y/n, if it's about what you told me and how I reacted, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so rough with you and I definitely shouldn't have kissed you..." Chic finally allowed himself to stare at your beautiful face, you were something special, making it harder for him to ignore his feelings.

"Chic, don't apologize for anything. I know I should have been more understanding about your decision, trust me that's all I've been trying to do since that day. I'm just here to say that I really like you and I appreciate everything you've done for me in the short time we've known each other, but I can't be your friend if I have feelings for you, that's way too difficult. So, if you could try to understand me now when I say that I'm going to take my time away from you, I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I'll still be here when you really need me, but we need to take some time apart, for our own good."

Chic felt his eyes water as he watched you bite your lip and look away from him because your own tears were threatening to spill, he couldn't stand watching you hurt because he was scared.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I understand exactly what you're saying and I agree. You are spectacular, you are worth so much, never doubt that. Don't get me wrong, I like you too and I'd give anything to be with you, to be able to hug you at any given time, to hold your hand and reassure myself that you're mine, to kiss you, and so much more. But I can't do that to you; sure I could simply let go of everything that makes me a bad influence, but with what and who I've associated myself with already, will forever be there, I don't want to constantly worry as of to whether or not you're still alive. I don't want to be the cause your life is in danger. I know you must be thinking that being a serpent already is dangerous, but I wouldn't stand being the reason for anything bad happening to you, because I can't protect you. I'm weak. You will continue to have my support if you need it, when all of this gets easier to handle, I'll be here waiting as your friend." Chic faintly smiled, his eyes not leaving yours. You wiped away your tears and looked at him intsensely, you returned to him a small smile.

Chic allowed himself to step closer to you and he cupped your cheek with his warm hand, "Can I kiss you, for one last time?"

You let out a small laugh, a tear rolling down your cheek as you nodded.

Chic chuckled deeply and leaned in painfully slow, he wanted you both to savor it

Chic chuckled deeply and leaned in painfully slow, he wanted you both to savor it. You placed your hand on his arm and pulled him in a tad bit, he placed his lips on yours and stayed there for a few seconds. He pecked you a second time quickly and pulled away, you opened your eyes and stepped away from him. You ran your fingers through your hair and gently smiled, "I'll see you soon Chic."

"I'll be waiting Y/n." You walked to his door and twisted the door knob, sparing him one more glance you opened the door and stepped out, a small smile on your face. At least you had gotten one more kiss and you knew that although the result wasn't what you desired, it was what was best for the both of you. You two were okay, no problems between you both, you'd be okay.

Betty met you at her front door and offered you a sad but knowing smile, she felt slightly guilty that she had fixed her relationship with your brother, but you didn't get your wished happy ending.

"I'm okay, he's okay, we're both okay. That is all that matters, thank you for everything." You said to her, exiting her home and waving goodbye.

"See you at school Y/n, take care. You mean a lot to me." Betty called out to you.

"Same here Betts."

**

"It'll take some time for me to heal, but at least it won't be unbearable. He gave me the closure I needed, you were right, there was no need to push him. Now, I'm taking your word from before, please stick by me through this process."

"Look at you, all mature and stuff," Toni joked," of course I'll stick by you, come on tell your brother that I'll be taking you to Pop's."

You smiled widely, craving a burger and milkshake, leaping off your bed and rushing to the "living room".

"I'm going to Pop's with Toni, see you in an hour Jug." Jughead looked up from his laptop and smiled your way, he was happy that you found some happiness in the situation, and stood up.

"I'm coming too." Toni agreed and hugged your right side while Jughead hugged your left side. A grin on your face as you stepped out of your home. You'd be okay, well you and Chic would be okay.

**

"He's kind to me, a true gentleman. Hopefully it works out, I think it will, but I won't be too confident over it. That's where many go wrong in their relationships." You explained with a chuckled, your nose scrunching up.

"I'm happy for you y/n, I'm glad my girl best friend found her happiness." Chic teased, patting your head as if you were a child. You gave him a playful glare, in the direction he was sitting you could see outside of his wide open door and saw all the new family pictures that Mrs. Cooper hung up- making you smile. Chic followed your gaze and smiled, "we both found our happiness."

"Yeah, we did." You replied.