0:51 true feelings - requested

Requested by: WriterGirlme
A/n: I've written various imagines like this one, so it will be a bit short

My first day at Riverdale high was not going the way I hoped. So far I had managed to not get lost or mix up any classrooms, but I wasn't to successful at making friends. That was until my last period, where I stupidly entered the blue and gold office instead of my art class. I walked in on two girls who seemed to be having a serious conversation, one of them was fair and had blonde hair, while the other was more on the tan side and had raven black hair.

The one with her blonde hair in a ponytail noticed me first and spoke up, "Hey! What can I do for you?"

"I'm so sorry, I just moved here making this my first day here and I got lost." I stuttered out, completely embarrassed.

"Oh I can help! I was the new girl not too long ago, don't worry, you'll figure it out soon." The raven haired girl smiled in my direction and made her way towards me, delicately taking my schedule in her hand.

"B, isn't room eighteen down the hall?"

"Yeah it is, I'll go with the both of you."

"Oh no, I don't want to be a bother!" I cried out, I am making a fool out of myself.

"Nonsense you aren't being a bother, besides we have a free period."

"Well okay then, thank you ..."

"Where are our manners! Sorry, I am Betty and this is Veronica." Betty introduced herself and then pointed at who I now know as Veronica.

"I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n."

"Pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." I smiled, noticing that we had stopped walking and that all three of us were standing in front of room eighteen.

"Here it is. B, can y/n come to dinner at your place today? Please." Veronica begged, a grin playing on her lips.

"Of course. Y/n, mind giving me your number? A couple of our friends will be coming over to my place to play games and have dinner."

I nodded eagerly, and handed betty my phone. I'd managed to make friends and although it may seem too soon, I knew meeting these two would be one of the best things to ever happen to me.

<at Betty's house>

"Y/n! You came! Come in." Betty said full of glee once she saw you outside her front door.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." You replied, giving her a hug and entering her welcoming home.

"Everyone is here, come on, I'll introduce you!" Betty pulled you towards her dining room and introduced you to everyone.

"Everyone, this is Y/n." The group of friends all introduced themselves, except Veronica who gave you a hug instead. Everyone in the dining room seemed like lovely people, but you couldn't help but stare at a certain someone, Jughead Jones. Your eyes were fixated on him throughout the night, which caught the attention of Betty and Veronica who only smirked at one another, trying to get you to talk to him, but you wouldn't. 

"Y/n and V, can you girls help me out with something quickly?" Betty played off, causing you to avert your eyes from Jughead and follow your two friends.

"What's up?" You asked, Betty and Veronica both raised their eyebrows and gave you a weird look.

"You totally like Jughead!"

"What?"

"You can't deny it! Your cheeks are becoming florid!" Veronica teased

You told them to keep quiet and that you didn't know what they were trying to say.

"Talk to him, don't just stare." Betty groaned, not knowing how to make it more clear.

"I can't do that.. Let's all pretend this conversation didn't happen and go back." You didn't allow them to respond before going back to the dining room and standing next to Kevin.

The rest of the evening the girls kept sending you looks or messages to talk to him, but you wouldn't budge, you were to awkward.

**

That was six months ago and now to your disbelief, you and Jughead were best friends. He was your world, your feelings for him growing as each day passed..

While you were in art class, Betty and Jughead were in the Blue and Gold office, working on an article when Betty spoke up,

"Do you like y/n?"

Taken by surprise Jughead replied, "what?"

"Do you like your best friend?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Just because, I can see it on your face whenever she's around." Betty grinned, going back to what she was doing.

"I might."

"Knew it. You should tell her."

"I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"She doesn't like me that way.."

"Well what if she does? Just try Jug."

-

"Y/n! Tell Jughead that you like him. Like right now, during lunch." Betty cheered, Veronica also demonstrating the same amount of excitement.

"Why? He doesn't like me that way. I don't want to lose our friendship because of my feelings for him."

"Here's the thing though, he likes you too!"

"How do you know?"

"He told me. Now go tell him!"

"I don't know."

"Y/n, here is your shot at true live with Jughead, take it." Veronica smiled, placing her hand on your arm.

"He's right there!" Betty whispered in your ear when Jughead sat down on your usual lunch table.

You nodded to yourself and walked towards him...

"Hey there beanie!" You grinned, giving Jughead a quick back hug. He turned around to give you a proper hug and greeted you back.

"Hey there beautiful."

"Can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"Okay, so I've been putting this out for a long time because I didn't want to ruin our friendship but neither Betty or Veronica are allowing me to do so, truth is... I like you. Jughead Jones, there I said it. I liked you since the day I first met you at Betty's place."

Jughead looked back at you in surprise, not being able to believe what you just said. He'd been dreaming of this day for a long time.

"I like you too, since the day I laid eyes on you, beautiful." He breathed out gently, pulling you into him and wrapping you in a tight embrace.

Meanwhile in the background, your two good friends were jumping up and down in happiness, excited to see that you and Jughead finally opened up about your true feelings.