0:17 The truth sucks pt.3

// was this long awaited?//

   It had been three long dreaded months

Archie had stared into those 'dreamy' eyes, Veronica held and forgot all about his feelings for me. In his mind she was always, the princess...his raven haired princess. Reggie felt awkward being near the two and left, not before sending Betty the news through text. 

  I knew something was up when Betty and Juggie came to my house with ice cream and cookies. 

  "Oh." I sighed, tears no longer spilling since I had emptied all the tears already. However, the pair, that I shipped so hard, made me feel better in an instant and all my worries vanished- at least for that day. 

No one- not even Betty or Jugg, could prepare me for the greatest pain of all. Watching the one you love, fall in love with another before your eyes. I did know of his many affairs and his player ways, but he was Archie. The ginger haired boy, that as a toddler played tea party with me; the boy who shared the same pain as me when both of our parents separated. Where had that angel-my hero- gone? Kevin confessed to me how much he 'liked' me, but that he was only after Veronica for the 'passion'. 

"You are too innocent, for him darling." Kevin soothed, giving me one of his famous hugs. However, did I want to be too innocent with him? He still invades my thoughts today and his scent continues to be my favorite. 

"Darling, you okay?" Jughead nudged me, after everything Juggie became like that sarcastic older brother I always secretly wanted. So, he began to give me mushy nicknames- symbolizing how close we are. No need to worry, I don't like him that way, he is Betty's. (they have OTHER nicknames for one another ;) 

"Um of course, meet you outside?"

"Sure Y/n, remember how anxious Betty gets when we are late to Pops, so hurry." He chuckles, making his way out.

'Don't worry once I have seen enough, I will leave...'

"Babe! Your training went so well." The familiar voice cheered, I made sure it was her before hiding deeper behind the empty halls. Her pom poms were the last thing I fully noticed before he grabbed her hips, the way he held mine on that beautiful day - just with less passion- and kissed her. Kissed those lips, that had hurt me that dame day. I didn't actually notice I was crying until a sob escaped my chapped lips. (she has gone through stuff, chapped lips are beautiful) 

"Did you hear that?"

"No baby girl, ignore it."

"Archie...someone is crying."

I should skedaddle, but I am frozen. Frozen in time like that night when I felt him tap my shoulders and ask for a simple dance. A dance that little did I know would determine my happiness. 

"Y/n?" Veronica asked, flashing me a confused expression. 

"Sorry, I forgot my chemistry book." I mumbled when I came face to face with the only person I have ever felt any chemistry with.

"Right, darling...''  Archie smirked, while Veronica grasped his shoulders making it seem like I would rip him away from her any second.

"Excuse me?"

"You are such a hypocrite! You made me and Veronica feel so low for what we didn't really mean to do; only to later do the same with Betty."

"Sorry?" I raised my voice becoming extremely nervous at what he meant.

"I noticed how you flirt with Jughead."

"True. You guys are sick!" Veronica screeched. ( no hate please, I love V)

"Not as sick as you two!" My favorite 'couple' spoke up approaching the scene we created, in the empty halls. 

"How dare you Betty! Do you not notice how fake she is being with you."

"You are faker than a barbie doll, princess. You betrayed all of our trust, and you have no place to judge Y/n."

Jughead agreed adding, "I call her those nicknames because after what you two caused, I was there along with Betty and Kevin to help her. We became close, as siblings, not lovers. I love Betty and we have been secretly dating for two months, so now leave our best friend alone. Y/n, stop doing this to yourself, they are not worth it."

I grinned at his confession and smirked at Betty, but that faded when they seemed - disappointed.  

"I apologize. I am glad for all of you." I turn to Archie and whisper," I laid my heart out in the open for you to catch and you did that night when you held me as if I were the last star in that universe; but you were too afraid of real commitment and allowed me to fall. I hope you know it didn't feel the way it felt falling for you. Sorry, for interrupting you both, now I must go; my favorite pair invited me for a milkshake at Pops."

I turned back to the pair, smiling awkwardly and signaled them to lead the way...

"Y/n."

"Back off Archie, we don't want that raven princess of yours to throw a tantrum." Jughead laughed adding in his sarcastic tone. Betty hugged my shoulders and dragged me outside- away from the bewildered couple. 

"- laughed so hard, the milkshake squirted out his nose!" Betty laughed explaining her first date with Juggie, who hid his face on her shoulders. 

"Oh man, wish I was-" the familiar sound of my phone beeped. Thinking it was my mom, I apologized and opened the message. 

Raven barbie 

 May I come inside? Archie and I just broke up... he might be a dad ... Cheryl might be the mom.. 

"Your mom?" Betty raised her brow.

"Barbie girl." I whispered handing them my phone. While they read what I had just read I heard the entrance bell shake- Veronica...

 While they read what I had just read I heard the entrance bell shake- Veronica