"But, you said you had... you know, a feeling about him," I say quietly, but send Adam a small smile nonetheless.

"That was before I knew him, Princess. I tend to be a little judgy," he smirks at me, and my shocked expression changes instantly to a look of hatred towards him.

I scoff in disbelief, and cross my arms over my chest. "This... friendship makes no sense. Just letting you know," I tell honestly.

"If I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it Princess," Lucas raises his eyebrows, daring me to say something and I pound my fists together.

A dark look forms on his face, and before he's about to reply, he's cut off by the warning bell ringing.

"Let's go Em," Jason whispers, moving next to me.

"Fuck you too, Emma!" Lucas shouts from behind me once there is a great distance between us.

Not even bothering to look at him, I throw my left arm up, sticking my middle finger out, loud and proud.

Jason laughs under his breath next to me. "I forgot how much you both hate each other."

Well, it wasn't always like this.

We both turn the next corner, and once I find that it's not really crowded, I push Jason aside so we don't block the hall.

"Do you think I should tell Anna and Lauren about my... abilities?" I ask the question that's been swarming in my head, silently.

Jason widens his eyes, clearing his throat before speaking. "Well, uh - I didn't tell Dylan, neither did Lucas. It's safer that way," he scratches the back of his neck, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Safer? What are they in danger from?" I ask.

"Witch hunters, remember? They can use them by getting to you, okay? So don't tell them," he sends me a hard look, leaving there no room for discussion.

I nod slowly, pursing my lips. I start walking the direction of our class, Jason following after me.

In seconds, we're outside our first period class, Calculus with Mrs. Carlton.

Jason walks to his desk without looking back, and I frown when I find my two best friends chatting away in the back of the class.

Have to keep them safe.

"No! You're going, and that's final Emma Sullivan!" Anna yells as we're sitting at our table during lunch.

"And watch Lauren eat Dylan's face? Not down," I say causally before I take a big bite out of my sub.

Lauren's mouth opens, ready to defend herself however closes her mouth when Jason emerges from the cafeteria doors, looking pissed.

He spots me in a seconds, and changes his tracks so he's heading my way.

"Fucking Lucas," Jason mumbles under his breath once he's near me.

He drops his bag on the floor, and takes a seat on my right. "Where's your other friend? What was her name, Jasmine?" Jason asks, angrily dropping his phone on the table.

"Chem room, I think," Anna whispers, clearly not happy by Jason's angry behavior.

"Where's Lucas?" I ask, facing him before I scan the room.

"Ditched me to hang out with Adam... fucking Adam," he growls, and I widen my eyes at his attitude.

"You're really not a fan of him, are you?" I ask slowly, and by the way his gaze swings to me, glaring at me so hard I'm worried his eyes will pop out, I'm sure he hates him with a passion.