9

Recap:

"Yes" I breathe out.

It's NO you idiot. Not yes, gosh.

He leans in and close his eyes, I close mine too and anticipate the kiss. I feel his warm breath on my lips and when our lips touches ever so fleetingly, a knock on the door jolts us and I hear him mutter some profanities as he pulls away.

The door opens so fast before we could be apart properly and Sophia enters. Her steps slows as she took in her surroundings, glancing from one person to the other before giving me a knowing look that says,I can't wait to hear the deets, and you better not deny it because I sure interrupted something.

Sophia finishes her business and winks at me on her way out. Now things are really awkward but Alan still won't stop staring. Lunch rolls around, which I am really dreading because Soph would drain the details out of me. But thankfully, when Alan's food arrives, it arrives with mine.

My super hero. I give him a grateful smile and start to eat.

🌟🌟🌟🌟

I have been avoiding Alan for almost two weeks now and somewhere along the way, Sophia had squeezed the details out of me, threatening to graffitate the whole building with-Lynette hearts Mr Storm-and of course I didn't buy it but somehow I had managed to fall for it.

Alan still compliment my dressing and beauty but never went out of his way to discuss matters unrelated to work.

This morning, I put on a pink shirt and black pencil skirt. Only the top button was undone but right before I enter the office, Soph had undone two more buttons and hiked my skirt up telling me to always look smart and not like her granny.

As usual Alan is already seated on his seat when I enter. There is the usual glint in his eyes and he grin widely when he sees me.

"Good morning Mr Storm" I bite my lip, trying to hold my laughter. He hates it when I call him Mr Storm.

His smile dies immediately, and his jaw flexed, he takes a deep breath and says as collected as he could "You are looking beautiful this morning Ms Summers"

"You aren't looking bad yourself too." I reply.

I stop dead in my tracks when he says, "Is it just me or you've been avoiding me since that day that we almost-"

"No!" I reply rather too quickly.

Looking amused, he cocks a brow, "No what?, No, you have been avoiding me or no, you haven't not been avoiding me"

This man is just too smart for his own good.

Bail yourself out Lynette.

"I have been avoiding you Mr storm but please I don't want to talk about it."

He nods and sighs but I wasn't prepared as his next word hit me. Never in the life of me would I ever have imagined that he'd say his next words.

"Okay, so should we talk about the fact that I'm greatly attracted to you?"

Huh?

My heart seems to have lost control as it goes into overdrive. I really must visit an Otologist to have my ears checked.

"You are?"

"Yes Lynn. But I don't expect you to say anything if you don't feel the same way. I just want to let you know. And please don't feel awkward around me okay?" he winks and continues working on his computer.

"Alright Mr Storm" I say and he doesn't even look like he heard.

Soph: Hey pretty.