Chapter 5

Sato and I arrived to class as the bell rang the next morning.

I immediately trekked toward the board with a piece of white chalk in my hand, and while Sato proceeded in passing out printed copies of Francis' file out to the class, I wrote his name across the board and circled it.

"After a thorough search yesterday," I commenced class, dropping the chalk on the metal pull out under the board. "We can conclude that Dream Walker's true name is Francis Leroy. As you read you will discover that Leroy was born in the late eighteen hundreds and was the first person to develop a dark based quirk."

I paused while taking one of the two extra copies I had printed for myself and Sato. He stood next me, smiling cheekily.

Directing my attention back to the class, I held the page out in front of me. "Also, we found out yesterday that Leroy's sister is still alive and living in Paris."

"How the hell is she still alive?" Bakugou asked, though by his tone I could tell he meant no malice by it.

"That's what Whiplash and I are going to find out," I answered. "Monday classes will be taken over by Mr Aizawa while Whiplash and I take a trip to Paris. Where his sister lives exactly is being found out as we speak."

"What're you going to ask her?" Uraraka raised her hand. "What if she's... not in any condition to answer questions since she's so old?"

"Well," I replied. "Miranda Leroy is considerably younger then Dream Walker, taking that she was born in nineteen-thirty-one. And the file we have on her indicates that she has no health impairments, so it should be fine."

"The questions she'll be asked will be solely focused around Francis," Sato continued for me while I read over the text for the seventh time. "How active he was when she was young, if they were close, if they weren't etcetera. The goal of this trip is to delve into the nature of Dream Walker as a normal person."

"Are any of his other relatives alive?" Kaminari asked.

"No," I replied, not looking up. "There wasn't anything else leading us in that direction, so it's safe to say that Miranda is his only remaining family."

"So If Dream Walker was born in the late eighteen-hundreds," Iida spoke up with his glasses glared over as he read. "And Miranda was born an estimated forty years after, then what would that mean for their parents?"

"How do you mean?"

"Surely a twenty-something-year-old woman from so long ago can't have another child so long after." Iida clarified, finally looking back at me blankly.

"I suppose I'll find out soon," I replied, turning away from him to the folder I had set on the podium. "I'll update you all on Francis the moment we return Wednesday. Until then, as I said before, Aizawa will be your teacher and classes will go as they usually would."

"But what are we going to do for the rest of the class period?" Sato leaned over to me and whispered as I shuffled through different sheets of paper.

"You've barely done a thing since we've started," I said simply, shooting him a pointed look. "Do your thing, quirk regulator."

His unique eyes shimmered at that and he grinned, but it soon fell into something unsure.

"Wait can we go to ground beta?" He asked. "Are we allowed to do that?"

"We're teachers," I reminded, putting the papers neatly back into their folder before tucking it under my arm. "Sure, it's temporary, but doing something simple like going to ground beta shouldn't be a problem."

Biting his lip for a moment while he thought, he finally shrugged off his worry and pivoted toward class A with a friendly smile on his face and his hands on his hips. His happy-go-lucky personality amazed me.