Part 10

After Shadow finished Severus off she walked away from the body. She sighed deeply, closing her eyes and looked over Severus's body and whispered.

" I am sorry" It gave her so much pain to go and kill her mate whom she loved deeply. It was the hardest thing she has ever done. Shadow sat and close her eyes and took a few minutes to mourn for her mate that she just killed. Suddenly she heard a soft laughter behind her. She turned her head and saw Prince sitting not far from her. Shadow stood up and snarled at him and threatened him.

" What the hell are you doing here? I will fucking kill you if you don't leave now" He just smiled at her and approached her carefully.

" Oh Shadow you just don't know when to stop, my dear." Shadow lowly growled at Prince warning him not to get any closer to her. Prince ignored her and brushed against her and whispered in her ear.

" How does it feel to lose everything you ever loved." He looked at her smirking. Shadow turned her head away from Prince but then looked straight in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Prince sighed shaking his head.

" You really don't know do you?" Shadow looked at him confused, she didn't know where this was going but she might as well hear him out.

"Your mate, Severus isn't really what you think he is." Shadow narrowed her eyes at him.

" Oh really, I should believe you after what you just did." Prince didn't argue with her since she could kill him at any moment.

" You see Severus always wanted to be the Alpha of our pack but he knew I will be the next Alpha. He couldn't stand me so he tried to kill me. He lured me in a human trap and left me there to die. Shadow looked at Prince and said to him.

" You are lying Prince." He looked at her and replied to Shadow

"Oh you think so? After I finally escaped from the humans who kept me locked up for six months. I went to find my pack but when I got there I found out that my brother killed our parents as well as the pack itself. He then took over another pack to become Alpha." Shadow couldn't believed what she was hearing.

"Severus ordered his pack to kill me but I got away. I managed to tell his pack what his real intentions were and what he has done. His pack turned on him and chased him away."

Shadow felt devastated hearing about Severus. Prince noticed Shadow's reaction and came closer to her but still keeping some distance between them. Shadow realized how foolish she was to fall for a sick bastard that Severus was.

"Do you really think he actually loved you? He was only using you to make a pack only to get revenge on me." Prince slowly moved his head towards Shadow's face and nuzzled her gently. Shadow instantly returned the affection and then Prince licked Shadow face for comfort.

"That's why I told my pack to kill the pups for pay back. He also lied about everything he ever told you. I was watching him very closely. Shadow understood that Prince was trying to protect her from his evil brother. Shadow suddenly remembered that Flash was still alive. She stood up and told Prince.

" I just remember Flash is still alive!" Shadow was so happy that she still had one pup. Prince smiled at her and lead her to his home. Shadow couldn't wait to see her son but then she forgot what happen today. How was she supposed to tell Flash that his family was dead and that she kill his father? Shadow stop her tracks and looked at prince with worry in her eyes.

" What is it Shadow?" Shadow told him how she was to tell Flash about incident that happened today. Prince told Shadow not to worry and that he will take care of it. Shadow took his word for it and followed Prince to his home where his pack was waiting for him.

The pack saw them approached and walked over to them and greeted their Alpha. The pack had a total of twelve wolves but six got killed when they attacked Shadow's pups. The pack has six wolves left that stayed back. Shadow felt nervous being around the other wolves but knew that they were not a threat to her. She then heard a familiar voice calling her.

" Mom!" Flash was running towards his mother who he missed so much. Shadow saw him and greeted him, licking him all over his face. Flash whimpered with excitement wagging his tail wildly. Shadow hugged her son, crying with happiness. Prince felt happy to see them together again.