chapter 8

Severus knew where his brother lived. He was careful about crossing his territory, knowing that his brother had a pack and if they saw him on their land they will kill him. Severus sniffed the air for his brother's scent, as he was doing this a group of wolves saw him and ran towards him aggressively. Severus turned his head towards the group of wolves and stood his ground. The five wolves approached him, snarling. Severus stood calmly and said to them.

" I am Severus, Prince's brother. I have come here to talk to him." The wolves looked at him suspiciously not knowing if he was telling the truth . Soon a black wolf appeared from the hill and walked towards the group of wolves. Severus recognized him instantly, it was his brother, Prince. He approached and saw Severus. He looked at his pack and said.

" He is not a threat, let him go." The wolves walked away from him and let Prince come near Severus. Prince and Severus stood facing each other then Severus broke the silence.

" I came here to disuse something with you." The other wolves were watching and listening. Severus looked at them and said to Prince.

" This is a private conversation." Prince looked at his pack and told them to leave.

" So you were saying?" Severus told him about the situation with Flash and Ghost. Prince listened and he knew the answer to the problem.

" Well, Severus the answer to your problem is simple, Get rid of Flash." Severus's face instantly grew dark.

"What! I would never do that" Prince smiled darkly and replied.

" Oh really? But you will hit him across the face? Severus gasped slightly, his brother was watching him. Severus lowered his head, ashamed of his actions towards Flash. Prince laughed at his weakness and told him.

" You know, you can always give him to me. I can raise him myself." Severus raised his head as he heard this. He didn't have any other choice but then he thought of his mate, Shadow and how she will react to this. He looked at his brother and told him.

" I will discuss this with my mate." Prince nodded and both of them went their separate ways. As Severus was walking back home, he kept thinking of the offer he was given. He did love his son but he want to protect the other pups from Flash. As he came home Shadow ran to him nuzzling him affectionately, Severus returned the affection by licking her face. Shadow was very worried, she didn't know where he had gone.

" Where did you go Severus? You had me very worried and the pups too." Severus pulled her in a hug and whispered to her.

" It's okay my love, all that matters is that I am here now" Shadow felt relieved and said.

" I don't want to ever lose you, I love you." Severus hug her tighter and replied.

"I love you too." At night time Shadow watched her pups as they were falling asleep. When all of them were asleep Severus told Shadow to meet her outside the den. Shadow followed him outside and sat across from him. Severus then started telling her about the discussion the Prince offed him. Shadow didn't approve of this. Severus knew this.

" Are you crazy Severus! You want to give Flash to Prince?" Severus knew what she was getting at with this conversation.

" I know you are scared Shadow, But I can't let Flash kill Ghost" Shadow growled at him.

" So you rather give him up like he means nothing to you!" Shadow got emotional and started crying. Severus didn't like seeing her like this. It broke his heart watching her so upset. Severus pulled her close to him comforting her.

" I am so sorry" Shadow looked at Severus and told him her experience with her siblings when she was younger.

" When I was a pup I had two brothers. I was the dominated one and my brother Fang was the omega of the family. I treated Fang badly, I had no respect for him cause he was an omega. As I grew older I realized it wasn't worth it. " Severus was blown by that. Shadow took a deep breath and looked at Severus.

" I learned my mistakes and I don't want Fang to make the same mistake I did."