chapter 7

After a couple of weeks after the pups being born, their eyes opened and were able to stand and walk around the den. The pups were very talkative and some were attempting to howl for their first time. Severus went hunting while Shadow stayed in the den with the pups. Bella is the dominant one from her litter mates and was the first born. The omega from the litter was Ghost.

 All of the pups loved each other no matter of who was Alpha or Omega, expect there were some who treated the low ranking like they meant nothing to the family. Shadow couldn't be more happier that her pups all got along and treated each equally. But Shadow could see some conflicts between Flash and Ghost. Bella and Destiny were playing and wrestling with each other. Spirit and Eclipse were talking to each other . Flash was howling his head off and Ghost was sleeping. Ghost couldn't sleep with all the howling that Flash was doing. Ghost had enough with the howling and walked up to Flash and told him.

" Hey Flash can you stop howling, I am trying to sleep here." Flash just scoffed at him and said.

" Why should I take orders from an Omega? You are worthless!" Ghost gasped softly and turned his back on Flash so that he couldn't see Ghost crying. Flash smiled at Ghost's weakness. Flash always treated Ghost badly cause Flash was a subordinate and Ghost was Omega. Both of them are low ranking but Flash refuses to be treated like crap. He picks on Ghost constantly and bullies him so Flash feels better about himself and feels more dominant . Shadow notice this and so did the other pups. All the pups defended and protected Ghost from Flash. Shadow tells Flash to knock it off but Flash will not listen to anyone. He doesn't like being told what to do cause it makes him feel belittled. 

Soon Severus got back from hunting and saw Ghost crying . He asked Shadow about the situation. Shadow told him about what was going between Flash and Ghost. Severus didn't approve of this and walked up to Flash, yelling at him.

" Flash! How could you do this to your own brother! What did he ever do to you?" Flash looked away from his father and said under his breath.

" He is not my brother. As long as he is omega,he means nothing to me." Severus got furious and hit Flash across his face. Shadow saw this and quickly got between the two of them, snarling at Severus. Severus looked at Flash with disgust and walked away. Shadow brought Flash close to her and licked his face where Severus hit him. Flash looked up at his mother with tears rolling down his face. Flash has a bloody wound on his left eye where he was hit. Shadow was mad at Severus for hitting Flash. She walked outside where Severus was. She quietly walked besides him and sat next to him.

" I just can't believe Flash could be cruel to Ghost like that." Severus said to Shadow. Shadow shook her head in disappointment thinking how could Severus hurt one of their pups.

" Why did you hit him? That was unacceptable for you to do that! Now all our pups will fear you, do you want that?" Severus answered.

" Of course not, babe," Flash said to me that Ghost is not his brother and as long as he is omega, he means nothing to him." When Shadow heard that she got emotional, thinking the worse. Severus doesn't want Flash to become like Prince because he knew nothing good will come out that. Shadow turned around and walked back to the den. Severus did not follow Shadow, instead he went out to find his brother to talk to him about Flash.