chapter 9

Severus and Shadow both decided to give Flash to his brother. They both approached Flash and took him with them to Prince. Flash asked his father

" Where are we going?" Severus answered his question.

" You are going to be living with my brother, your uncle." Flash did not understand why he was leaving to stay with Prince. Severus led Shadow and Flash to Prince's territory. Prince saw them approaching and walked towards them to greet them.

" Hello, Severus, I see you brought little Flash." Prince turned his attention to Shadow and said.

" You must be Shadow. Severus was right about you, you are a very beautiful she-wolf." Prince was circling her seductively. Severus growled at him and stepped in front of Prince.

" Prince enough of this, we are here to give you Flash and leave." Flash was near his mother, he was seeing and hearing everything that was going on around him. He was scared, he never met Prince but then Shadow nudged him in front of Prince. Flash tried hard to resist but finally Prince grab Flash by the scruff and left the scene. It was hard to see Flash go but Shadow and Severus hoped the best for their son. Severus and Shadow walk back home to be with their pups. Suddenly Shadow heard something to brought chills down her spine. She instantly ran as fast as she could with Severus right behind her. In the den where their pups were, a group of wolves were killing their pups. Shadow ran in and started attacking any wolf she could get her teeth on. Severus recognized these wolves, they were in Prince's pack. Severus was outrageous he knew what just happened. Prince set them up to distract them and send his pack to kill their family.

Shadow killed most of the rival wolves and showed no mercy to any. When all the wolves were dead Shadow ran inside the den in a panic, hoping one of the pups were alive. Sadly none of the pups survived the gruesome slaughter. Shadow laid down and started crying. Severus couldn't believed that his own brother would do this. He kept asking himself why this happened and what he did to deserve this. He slowly approached his mate and softly said to her.

" I am so sorry this happened, I just don't understand this my brother would never do this." All of a sudden Shadow turned quickly and snarled furiously at Severus making him lay low to the ground and becoming submissive to her.

" Don't you understand! He used us to kill our pups." Shadow paced back and forth in anger.

" I am not going to let this go, I am going to take revenge on your brother and kill him" Severus stood up and got in Shadow's face and told her.

" How dare you say that! You know nothing about him" Severus had a soft spot for his brother even if he betrayed and killed his family. Prince meant everything to him because he is the only family he has now. Shadow looked at him with disgusted, she was outraged that her mate was taking his brother side instead of her.

"I thought you loved me, You said you will always be there for me." Shadow looked at Severus with tears in her eyes. It crushed her heart knowing Severus didn't even care about their pups at this point.

Shadow walked out of the den and headed to prince. Severus couldn't let Shadow kill his brother. He ran in front of Shadow and made her stop. Shadow got more angry saying to Severus

"I didn't want to do this to you but you gave me no choice" and leap on Severus attacking him. Shadow didn't care if she killed Severus, all she wants is to avenge her pups. Severus realized that she will not stop for anything and kill anyone who was in her way. Severus didn't want to kill her but if it meant to save his brother he wouldn't have a choice" Shadow kept biting him trying to aim for his neck to kill him. Severus snarled and went full force towards Shadow but Shadow was too quick for him and finally caught him by the throat and crushed his neck and shook him violently until she ripped his head clean off from his body.