chapter 1

It was a cold rainy day. The forest was peaceful and quiet only to hear the raindrops fall from the sky. In the forest, a mother wolf has just given birth to three healthy wolf pups. They are safe and sound inside their den. The mother wolf who is called Luna is keeping her three pups warm and dry away from the rain. The pups are now nursing from their mother. There are two males and one female. One of the males is called Fang. He's light grey with brown eyes. The second male is called Moon. He is reddish brown with yellow eyes. The female is called Shadow. She is all black with yellow eyes and a bit of white on her chest.

After being fed, the three of them cuddle together near their mother and fell fast asleep. As soon as they were asleep, Luna laid her head on her paws and slowly closed her eyes. As the next morning came Luna awakened by the sound of her pups crying because they were very hungry.. Luna stood up and stretched. She laid back down and let her pups feed. As they were feeding Luna noticed that Shadow was pushing the others away from her belly. Moon finally got around Shadow and started to suckle. Unfortunately this meant that Fang is the last one to eat and didn't get as much nutrition as the others. Luna knew that Shadow is the dominant one from the litter and Fang is the omega of the family. As the days went by it was very difficult for Fang to fit in with his siblings. Shadow and Moon will push him away and be very mean to him Fang would also be left out from games that Shadow and Moon were playing. There would always be conflicts about how Fang was treated. He hated the fact that no one cared about him and that he was bullied all the time. Luna did not interfere with this problem. She knew that this was normal for the weakest pup will be picked one. It is all about what rank you are in. Wolf pups learn this from a very young age and it will help them survive in the wild.

As the days went by the little pups grew stronger and their size too. Luna would go out and hunt for herself and come back with a bone or two for her pups to chew on. Shadow doesn't like to share anything and will keep it all to herself. The two brothers will share the bone together. Their mother Luna was in a pack and was a subordinate but she fell in love with an outsider, an enemy to be exact. The pack found out about their affair and killed her mate in front of her. The alpha was very angry with luna for betraying the pack and cashed her outside their borders to never be seen again and if so she will die.

Shadow, Moon and Fang were now eleven weeks old. They were old enough to explore outside the den. Shadow was very excited for this day. She was always curious about everything. As Luna guided them outside the den. Fang and Moon stayed close to their mother. They weren't enthusiastic as Shadow. When all of them were outside, Shadow then started to explore every little place that she can get into. Luna went to a shady place to rest but always keeping a close eye on the pups especially on Shadow, knowing she'll get into trouble. After a half hour of exploring Shadow got bored. She looked over to her brothers who were just laying together. Shadow decided to sneak towards Fang and scare him. She quietly stalked Fang like prey. When she got close enough to him she jumped on him with full force. He loudly yelped with surprise. Shadow laughed at Fang's reaction from the attack. This got the attention of Moon. He asked.

" What's going on?" Fang told him that Shadow jumped on him and was laughing about it. Moon got mad at Shadow for this. He didn't like when Shadow picked on Fang. He came over to Shadow to told her.

" Hey! That's not funny, Leave him alone." Shadow looked at him and growled.

" That's not of your concern Moon" Moon hated when Shadow gave him attitude. Moon turned away from Shadow and walked over to his brother to comfort him. Fang sighed deeply and shook his head.

" I just don't understand why she has to be like that" Moon turned his attention towards Fang and said to him.

" Well she is the Alpha and you are the omega." Moon continued.