"You should've learned from your brother." Tom taunted the boy who was kneeling in front of him, his body trembling uncontrollably as blood splattered from his mouth. "And now that we're on topic, why don't you tell me why you were planning to kill my sister, huh?" Jean squirmed in pain, his body feeling as if an invisible dagger kept plunging into him. "Was it because I killed your brother? Is that it?" Tom neared the boy, gripping his face tight to ensure he had his eyes on him. "How did you even know I have a sister if you never even went to Hogwarts? She's never been mentioned on any of those silly newspapers, she's off the records, I've made sure of that. So mind enlightening me on how, Belmont?"

It was hard for Jean to speak, but knowing this were his last words he had to make sure he didn't go down alone. "Marion Favreau."

Tom nodded. A name he'd heard before but never from Alexis herself. He knew the girls had some issues with each other but he never considered them to be anything other than childish drama. But Marion Favreau was a name he wouldn't be forgetting now.

A green light lit up the room seconds before Tom disappeared into the night, wondering how long it would take people to find the three dead bodies.
-
Potions was a dreadful class to have first thing on a Monday morning. The darkness in the dungeons did little to help students get rid of the usual grogginess that came along with starting a new week. And along with all the instructions Professor Slughorn was going on about, his classroom was rapidly becoming a second dormitory to many.

A deafening silence engulfed the room, much to Horace's glee, when even the Marauders felt too sleepy to cause their usual commotion. There was one student who was wide awake though, and it happened to be Alexis, who had left any trace of sleep behind once she got a hold of the Daily Prophet during breakfast. There was also a notorious absence that was soon filled when Marion abruptly walked into the classroom twenty minutes late. Disheveled and panic-stricken were the best ways to describe the girl and to let Alexis know that she too had heard the news.

"I-I'm sorry, Professor," the girl stuttered as she hesitantly stepped forward.

"Come on in, Miss Favreau, we don't have all day." Slughorn instructed, not the least bit concerned about the girl's sick appearance.

Marion swallowed hard, her gaze setting on Alexis with unease as she walked past her, making a devilish grin adorn the girl's face. James quietly questioned Marion once she took her seat next to him, his expression a mortified one, but the girl was all silence and a lot of fear.

"What did you do?" Remus whispered from beside Alexis, an amused grin plastered on his lips with his eyes still set on his book.

"Nothing she didn't deserve."

The Belmont family had been murdered, and although the news didn't come as a shock to many as they simply considered them to be the latest victims in this incessant war, Alexis and Marion knew better. They knew the motive. No words had been exchanged yet but there was an unspoken understanding between the two: Alexis had the upper hand.

This wasn't even about James anymore. Their animosity had become a matter of life and death, so it was no wonder Marion was in such a state for the remainder of the day, and the day after, and the day after. She was losing.

Wednesday came around. Dreadfully slowly for Marion, pleasantly fast for Alexis. It was a matter of perspective. The former carried herself with fear and panic, always looking over her shoulder, knowing very well it was completely plausible for her to receive an unpleasant visit. The latter had rekindled her friendships and was completely unapologetic about the Ravenclaw boy that stood by her side for over seventy percent of her day. Alexis' days had been getting better and she was yet to encounter a situation that could potentially ruin that.