• twenty seven

She was beautifully
out of place.
Sometimes I believe
she intended to be.
Like the moon during the day.

STAGE 3 -- CRYSTALLIZE

To give definite or concrete form to.
To develop a clear picture of not only your love's strengths but also their faults. Rather than an ethereal figure, your beloved becomes a whole, real person in your mind

 Rather than an ethereal figure, your beloved becomes a whole, real person in your mind

Gryffindor lost to Slytherin. Those four words were all that was needed to drastically change the students' spirit after the atrocious Quidditch match finally came to an end. The atmosphere around the Hogwarts grounds could not have been any more somber. It was quite the odd sight to see many of the students who usually carried themselves with an uninterested behavior and cold expressions chanting and singing out loud as they paraded through the corridors, while the usually cheerful and loud ones walked with slouched shoulders and lowered heads.

But the main concern for three Gryffindors and one Slytherin was the losing team's captain. James had always been a sore loser, and in his eyes, there was nothing worst for a Gryffindor than to lose against Slytherin. It was the sin of all sins. His temper had been thrown out the window during the game but once the Slytherin's seeker caught the snitch he was in the nastiest foul mood any Hogwarts student or teacher had ever seen him in.

Alexis had gotten lost in the multitude of students as the Marauders and her tried to make their way to James. She gave up on trying to find her friends, which was seemingly impossible as her small stature didn't allow her to look past almost anyone around her,  and chose to make her way back to the castle instead, hoping she'd be able to meet them there. A small altercation seemed to get everyone's attention as a growing group of students gathered in a circle, but once again, her height didn't allow her to see past her fellow schoolmates. She had a bad feeling about this, seeing as the only people who were known for causing this kind of commotion were the Marauders. She could hear the spells bouncing as she tried to push her way in. She was finally able to spot Remus and Sirius in the middle of it all, but neither of them were moving as they observed from the side like everyone else. It was clear then that James, who wasn't in her sight, was the one dueling but before she even had time to question the situation any further the people in front of her scurried to the sides, she was too slow to react, and could do nothing but watch as Snape's bloodied body fell on her feet. Alexis swallowed hard as she took a good look at Severus' appearance, not knowing of any spell that could cause such harm.