• seven

LEARN ME SLOWLY,
PLEASE,
BE PATIENT
WITH MY PAGES

If there was a word to describe the five of them at the moment, it would most certainly be tipsy

If there was a word to describe the five of them at the moment, it would most certainly be tipsy. Although in Sirius' case, inebriated beyond belief did it more justice.

The Marauders had gotten their hands on two bottles of firewhiskey earlier that day, and after noting that the Gryffindor Common Room was far too Alexis-less for their liking they decided to set off in a quest to get the Slytherin into the red and gold room, so with the help James' invisibility cloak, the lot made their way over to the dungeons late at night, scaring the living crap out of Alexis by abruptly waking her up. The view of the four boys looking down at her, their faces obscured by the shadows, would be surely appearing in one of her nightmares.

They waited until the common room was empty to open the first bottle, not feeling like sharing neither the alcohol nor the experience with anyone else. They started off the night with a cheeky Never Have I Ever that made James and Sirius get significantly tipsy and followed it with a couple more drinking games until the five of them began to lose focus and were unable to continue any organized activity. Peter had passed out on the floor after accepting Sirius' drinking dare, he was laying next to Sirius and Remus, who were having a very intense discussion about destroying the moon so it would leave Moony alone.

James had been sitting next to Alexis on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling with a slight frown and bloodshot eyes, lost in what appeared to be some invasive thoughts. Alexis' gaze was set on him with a glint shining in her also bloodshot eyes. Most people would say she was looking at him with adoration, but her drunken state made her realize James piqued her interest in many ways, and that sparkle in her eye reflected the utmost curiosity that boy awakened in her.

It wasn't simply the way her body reacted when he was around that left her confused. Her curiosity was bigger and much more detailed than that. She couldn't take her eyes away from him, her intoxicated state wouldn't allow it. Whether it was his lips or his hair, there was something pulling her in, urging her to get closer, inviting her to uncharted territory. She had never felt physical attraction towards anyone before. She had tried to force her brain into finding Fabian appealing, a task that shouldn't have been complicated given the boy's good looks, but her attempts had been futile and her numbness had remained intact.

But then there was James, slowly but surely stirring up chemicals her brain refused to work with. Unfortunately, she wasn't bursting with love for the boy like she somewhat hoped she would, but the attraction she felt was strong and unprecedented, and that was something, right? She didn't love him, but she wanted him, and although that was quite a mundane sentiments amongst teenagers, it was a first for her. It was more than she'd ever felt in 16 years.

James turned to gaze at her, his warm hazel eyes assuring her that there was something there indeed. She reached out her hand and hesitantly ran it through his hair, figuring she had nothing to lose and could always blame it on the alcohol later. He smiled at her gesture before taking her hand and bringing it to his lips to repeatedly kiss it. And there it was, a small tingle that would've felt like bursting butterflies to any other person.