Chapter Three

Thomas walked through the door and looked at the school receptionist. "You must be Thomas", the woman spoke and Thomas nodded. "Principal Paige will see you in a few minutes she's just in a meeting at the moment. Take a seat", she motioned at the chairs behind Thomas.

Thomas turned around and saw a girl sitting there. She had long, dark hair and bright blue eyes. She was beautiful. The girl looked at him and smiled softly and Thomas could've sworn his heart jumped into his throat.

The girl looked away as Thomas sat down. His hands were on his knees and he stared at the wall in front of him.

"You should leave while you have the chance", a voice spoke and Thomas realized it was the girl beside him. He turned his head to look at her but she didn't make eye contact. "There's better schools around. You don't want to be stuck here".

Thomas opened his mouth to speak but the door opened and two women walked out of the room. "I'm sure we can make progress from now on", a woman with dark hair, like the girl beside him, said. "I hope so Mrs. Agnes. Teresa is a bright student", the other woman, who had blonde hair that was tied back into a bun said. She smiled and the other woman left with the girl who was beside Thomas.

Teresa, Thomas thought that must've been her name.

"Ah, Thomas", the blonde woman smiled and Thomas stood up. She held out her hand, "I'm principal Paige".

—————

The first few hours of the day didn't go too bad, from Thomas's point of view anyways. He was in a lot of classes with Newt and the others. Which he found helpful, considering he really didn't want to socialize with too many others.

Thomas even sat with them at lunch. He was really beginning to like this group of friends. Everyone was talking but Thomas's attention was on that girl from earlier. He didn't know why but he couldn't stop staring at her. She was just... beautiful.

That was the only word that came to mind when he thought about her. "Tommy", a voice spoke and Thomas immediately turned his attention to the owner of the voice. "Hmm?" "You alright?"

"Who's she?" Thomas asked, nodding toward the girl. "That, my dear friend, is Teresa Agnes. I guess you could say she's the most popular person in this school. Everyone knows her name and face", Newt explained as Thomas continued to look at her. "She's also the hottest", Minho stated which caused a slap on the shoulder from Brenda. "Second..hottest", he remarked with a smirk. Brenda rolled her eyes and turned her attention away from Minho who just kissed her on the cheek.

"I wouldn't try talking to her", Sonya told him. "She's not one to talk to anyone outside her group of friends". "Now you just make her sound like a bitch", Newt said to his younger sister. "She's actually really nice. I got moved beside her in Biology and we talked", Brenda informed them.

Thomas kept his gaze on Teresa. She looked over at him and a smile formed on her lips. Thomas looked away quickly as his cheeks lightly burned up. He cleared his throat and drank out of his water bottle.

Why was he acting like this? Yeah, she's beautiful but he's barely talked to her. Actually, he never said anything to her- she's the one who spoke to him.

The sound of the bell erupted the room and people scattered around the cafeteria as they left and made their way to class.

Thomas had no trouble finding his Chemistry classroom. He walked in and the teacher showed him to his seat.

He had only taken out his books when Teresa walked in, and sat beside him.