Chapter 22 Like A Rose

Rumples POV

"I still don't understand how you didn't recognise him straight away," Mo growled after telling us the news.
Gaston.
But why? Him and Belle were engaged, he loved her. She had told me when she first went to my castle that even though they were going to be married, she did not love him. Why would he want to hurt her?

"But why?!" Emma asked, reading my mind.
Mo sighed,
"Maybe because she didn't love him back, not fully...or maybe to punish the dark one for taking her away from him, from us."

Those last words angered me even more.
"Her life was better with me," I stared at him.
"Oh really? Better than being with her family?!" He said, standing up quickly.
"Yes, because she was with the one she loved!" I yelled back. He winced as I said 'love'. He'd always hated the fact that she's fallen in love with me, and I think he always will.
Feeling that was enough punishment for him for now, I say,
"But I don't understand, I turned him into a rose?"

"Gold! A rose? Why?" Emma said shocked.
"Well he came and tried to get Belle after making a deal! You can't blame me..." I laughed sadly.
"So, how is he not now?" Charming said, piping in.
"Is it not obvious? Magic dearie," I say waving my hands as I used to in our land.
"But who?"
"It was me."
A voice from the corner of the room joined in the conversation.
"Regina? You caused all this?" I say, frustratedly.
"Calm down Gold, it might not be the same person, but I visited you and neither you or Belle were in..."

***

Regina's POV

"Rumplestiltskin?"
I demand as I throw open the giant wooden doors of his hideaway castle.
No reply? I know you're here...
"Rumplestiltskin?!" I say, louder this time to make sure he knows I mean business.
Still no reply.
Oh what's the name of his servant girl...oh yes,
"Belle?" I question, as I walk into what I think is his dining room.
Hmm...where is he?
I'll just wait, I have all the time in the world.
Looking around I realise how much he collects.
Why does he have so many dinner plates and cutlery when he lives all by himself? Belle is here now, but I can't imagine him dining with her.
Settling down into his wooden dining room chair, I set my eyes to the middle of the table and drum my fingers on the long table.
At the middle of the table was a beautiful red rose in a vase of water.
What a pretty thing to have in 'the dark ones' castle. Belles in-put no doubt.
I sigh walking over to it.
Red as blood, I like it.
As I get closer, I start to hear a faint squeaking noise. Looking around me, no-one is here. I lean forward towards the rose, that's what's making the noise.
What enchantment is this? Who wants a squeaking rose?
"Ugh stop," I say flicking my wrist to undo the spell in the hope it would silence.
Suddenly, the rose started to grow and soon, there was man lying on the table.
He sat up, not believing what had happened, looking at his arms and legs.
"Thank you, you saved me!" He gasped looking up at me.
With a jolt, he realised he was naked. Not that I minded that much.
"Did Rumplestiltskin do this to you?" I said, flicking my wrist, clothing him.
His face darkened.
"Yes."His tone was hard.
Looking him up and down, I decide he could be useful. He looked strong, and by the way he reacted when I said the dark ones name, he despised him almost as much as I did.
Leaving a fake Rose just as beautiful as him in the vase, I led him to my palace, away from Rumplestiltskins castle.

***
Rumples POV

"He was my hunter for a while, doing any spare jobs, wanting to earn my trust. In the end I just let him go as he became sad, maybe even heartbroken, useless...now I know why,"Regina sighed, finishing her story.

So this was Regina's fault.
Knocking my chair over as I stormed out, I ripped open the sheriffs office door and marched all the way to my shop.
I can breathe I'm so angry . No, I'm more than angry.
I need to be alone, otherwise I might do something I know I will regret.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's Regina's fault that Gaston is back. It was so fun but quite difficult to write in Regina's point of view! Please comment if you liked that and if I should do a few more flashbacks with other people, or if not!
Also comment on if you are enjoying the story and what you think is going to happen?!
Thank you!:)