Forgotten Memories

I woke up in my bed.  Sunlight was shining through my window as I heard a beautiful woman sleeping next to me.  In the middle of us was my beautiful little girl, Sami.  I felt only peace, and no stress.  There was no anxiety in the world I was in.  It was a paradise.  I slowly got out of bed and walked toward my window.  I looked down and saw people walking below me, rushing into work.  I decided to go for a fly, so I leaned out the window.  Only I wasn't flying.  I was falling down fast, not knowing if I was going to die or not.  I came close to the sidewalk, and fell through it.  Oh, it was... just a dream.

I woke up in the DEO, breathing extremely fast.  Lena was by my side, and Sami look traumatized.  As I slowly sat up, everyone was there.  Winn, James, J'onn, Alex, Lena, and Sami were staring at me.  I sat up and looked at everyone.  I wanted to speak, but didn't know why everyone was like this.  I finally decided to break to silence and start speaking.

"Alex... are you okay?  How are you okay from the shot wound?" She covered her mouth and ran out the door.  I could hear her crying down the hallway.  J'onn gave me a strange look and went to go get Alex.  Then, James stepped forward.

"Kara... how are you awake... alive?" I became confused.  The last thing I remember was falling out of the sky... and into darkness.  But, I don't understand, why is everyone here?

"I... I don't understand.  Why is everyone here?"

"Kara," James began, "You don't remember anything?" His eyes became glassy and so did Lena's.

"No... I don't know what's going on.  Alex was shot..."

"Do you not remember anything after that?" Lena questioned.  I slowly shook my head and looked a Sami.  She looked so much more mature.

"How... how long has it been since then?" James looked at Lena to tell me.  Lena then looked at me and took my hand into hers.

"Kara... it's been four months..." Four months?  That's not that long... but what happened in four months?  Obviously things that are really important happened.

"What... why am I wearing this ring?" Lena held back her tears.  Sami walked out of the room, she was always embarrassed for people to see her cry.

"Kara, we got married... you mean to tell me that you don't remember our wedding?" I looked down at my hands. Then, I shook my head.  It pained me to look into her eyes, they were so troubled.  Then, Sami walked back in.  She was sniffling and wipped her nose.

"I'm sorry Lena... I don't." Lena stepped back and Sami stepped forward.

"Mommy, you don't remember my talent show?" She had a talent show?  I wanted to cry so badly, so I just began to sob.

"Mommy don't cry." Sami came up onto the bed with me.  She wrapped her arms around me as I sobbed.  I didn't know what happened.  I was missing a lot out of my life.

"We are going to help you get your memory back Kara.  I love you and so does Sami." Lena said sitting on the edge of the bed.  I looked down at myself..... I had scars on my suit.  Dried blood was all over myself, I didn't know what to do.  I was just so overwhelmed.  Trust me, I was just as confused as you are right now.