Chapter 25- The Tenth Question: All or Nothing!

Start bij het begin

Ibiki narrowed his eyes. "First, you are all going to choose if you wish to take the tenth problem or not."

Sasuke frowned. 'Choose whether to take it or not?'

Temari looked at Ibiki in shock. "Choose? So, what happens if we don't take the tenth problem?!"

Ibiki smirked. "If you choose not to take it your points will be reduced to zero. In other words, you will fail. Your two other teammates will fail along with you."

"What's the meaning of this?!" The crowd murmured upset.

"And here is the other rule." Ibiki said sternly.

'There's more? Cut it out already…' Sakura thought in fright.

"If you choose to take it and you get it wrong, you will…Lose the privilege to take the Chunin Exam forever." Ibiki said darkly.

Naruko narrowed her eyes. 'I don't get it…Why shouldn't I take the tenth question? The chance is high that I lose the privilege for the Chunin exam forever, yeah…but if you can't take a risk, you don't have a chance in the shinobi world… I'll just have to rely on my luck like usual.' She thought easily and just shrugged the tense atmosphere off.

Kiba pointed angrily at Ibiki. "What kind of dumb question is this?!There should be those here who have taken the Chunin Exam in the past!"

Ibiki laughed evilly. He glared at them darkly. "You were unlucky. This year, I make the rules."

Naruko looked at him with a deadpan expression. '....Why have I the feeling that Ibiki-ojisan is a Sadist...? Well, because he probably is one...'

"That is why I gave you the option of quitting. Those who are not confident enough can choose to not take it, and take the exam next year, or the year after that." Ibiki laughed evilly again.

Sakura gritted her teeth. 'In other words, if one out of the three people chooses not to take it, all three will fail. If someone chooses to take it, and fails to answer it correctly, that person will be a genin forever. Either way, it's bad news.' She began to sweat. 'A normal person won't be able to choose which.'

Naruko sweat dropped. 'Yep, definitely a Sadist…'

Ibiki looked at the genin seriously. "Let us begin. Those who will not be taking this tenth question, raise your hand. After we confirm your numbers, you have to leave."

Naruko sighed and leaned back with a bored expression.

Sakura narrowed her eyes seriously. 'I won't raise my hand, because I'm confident that I will get the problem right. But…But Naruko, you're different. You should just ignore us, raise your hand, and think about the next chance.'

"I..." The genin next to Naruko raised his hand. "I…I quit! I won't take it!"

Naruko looked at him surprised.

"Number 50, fail. Number 130 and 111, fail along with him." An examiner said.

"I'm sorry…Gennai, Inaho." The failed genin said while shivering. His teammates stood up.

"Me too!" Someone shouted and more and more genin raised their hands.

Naruko looked sadly after them, as more and more genin left the room. She narrowed her eyes. 'I don't like this…They all should be more confident in themselves…I have to do something about that.'

'Naruko!' Sakura thought in panic. 'Why aren't you raising your hand? She…' Sakura thought as she saw her shivering. She remembered her dream. 'You always say 'Hokage, Hokage' like an idiot…I'm sorry, Naruko.' Sakura smiled softly. 'It looks like I want to save your unrealistic dream.' Just as she was about to raise her hand, Naruko narrowed her blue eyes seriously and raised her hand.