Debates and Death

"Ross has a congressional medal of honor-"

"Doesn't give him a right to act as if he knows what kind of shit we put up with," I snarled, folding my arms across my chest.

"Would you stop acting like everything's Hydra?" Rhodes asked.

"Like you know shit about Hydra!" Evelina shot.

"Oh, and you do?"

"You didn't have to go through a Hydra ran ballet-assassin school when you were twelve!" Evelina made an aggressive facial expression at Rhodes before asking, "Does anyone, other than Sabrina and Steve, plan on reading it?"

"My point is he earned that medal!"

"And he can shove it up his ass; He's unnecessarily rude to people who saved his job- Who has the Handler Pistol?"

Regan placed it down on the table. This Accords thing wasn't putting anyone in a good mood. Regan sent Evelina and I a text about how the Accords is the splitting factor for Image Recovery, so there was that we had to deal with. We were just hoping we were good enough at improv to lie to our big siblings who really seem to think they know us better than we do.

Regan knows exactly what Tony's decision was. Evelina was pretty sure she knew where Natasha would lean towards. I... I had no clue. I'd assume he'd think like Sam after Insight, but I can't be sure.

"So let's say we agree to this thing, how long is it gonna be until they LoJack us like a bunch of criminals?"

"I agree with Sam," Regan piped in, standing up. "They can't expect us to save everyone when they never lift a finger to even try."

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam and Regan, and you're just like 'it's cool, we got this'."

"Seriously, Rhodey?"

"How long are you gonna play both sides?" Sam asked.

"I have an equation," Vision interrupted, causing everyone to turn to him. "In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron-Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially and within that same period the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

"Are you saying it's our fault?"

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict . . . breeds catastrophe. Oversight . . . oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom," Rhodey mocked triumphantly.

"Oh, lay off, James," Regan spat, making a face. Except, the face wasn't towards Rhodes, it was... Just a face. "Excuse me."

He walked off, before Natasha claimed, "Tony, you're being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal."

"It's because he made up his mind," Steve said, turning the page as he looked up.

"You know me so well," Stark said. I was unable to tell if he was being sarcastic or not. "Actually I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on Cap, just pain and discomfort."

"That's Charles..." I muttered at the picture Stark brought up.

"That's Charles- wait, what?"

"He was someone I had to drag out to evacuate... I haven't seen him since- He died in Sokovia?"

Stark nodded. He continued to go on about Charles, why we needed this.