The Front Lines

Transcript of The MUTT Interviews.

Agents Weiss, Schneider, and Jäger reporting to Senior Agent Sitwell regarding Operation Sigma.

All shifts in terms of dialogue and briefing will be marked by ~

Speakers will be marked after sentence/dialogue with beginning letter of their surname*.

The transcript will be written in Protocol 201. Sounds, silences, pauses and such will be written.

*S is for Agent Sitwell. Sc is for Agent Schneider.

"Do I really have to Ada?" J.

"You have the best recollection of it of us all." W.

"Screw you." J.

~

Captain Rikards and Lieutenant Kaiser were waiting for us, although Lieutenant Kaiser mostly dealt with weapons. Sabrina chose the most outlandish weaponry we've seen; Her shield, pretty much exactly the same as Captain Rogers-

~

"You consistently use captain-" S.

"Unbelievable. I barely had the third sentence before an interruption." J.

"Kat, just answer his damn, unfinished question." W.

"Fine. Captain Rogers or America or whatever the hell you want to call him earned our respect especially once we discovered he saved our friend's life. He was the one man who didn't dare sideglance us even if only because he knew we could drop-kick his ass and he treated us kindly. He respected the girls, far less than what I can say other men during that time- And before you comment, Agent Sitwell, you wouldn't know how humiliating, degrading and dehumanizing catcalling can make someone feel." J.

"Are you assuming-" S.

"Those catcalled aren't cat-callers. I heard what you said about Heidi." J.

~

Sabrina's shield was what we thought was one of the Maurers' inventions. It would condense into a little black pebble thing. It was strange. They created a gauntlet to make use easier. It would hold the pebble and it would have a mount so she didn't have to hold it. They also added a magnet so if it didn't bounce back like it should have she can just recall it. We were told that the shield was their creation, and they used the Tesseract to create it. A lot of our weapons were tesseract enhanced. I had plasma pistols that would practically melt people. Adalheida has these taser things that were rings you wear on your fingers, used mostly for stealth and can do various levels of damage. She also had a whip thing that functioned similarly to the shield. Electrified, and very problematic if you're caught in it. Emerson picked these handheld rings that had these sharp blade like edges on the outside part you don't hold and could emit poison onto the victim with the press of a button. Heidi had knife sized... Similar to those weapons in that sci-fi franchise about space- Star Wars. Star Wars lightsabers... Just bit sized. Mathias was a bit old school and stuck with a traditional set of pistols. Aldrik... He loved poisons and knives. You can imagine his M.O. Stefan was partial to weapons he could stab and throw so there was a special kind of martial arts weapon called a sai that he picked. Kind of like Agent Romanoff's Widows Bite, it's electrified.

We trained with basic-

~

"What about Elsie-" S.

"We'll get to her." J.

~

We trained with basic, standard, uniform weaponry for hours. Then with our weapons of choice. We discovered little Elsie packed quite a punch, so the Maurers, who initially gave the little ten-year-old a small flame thrower, created these power gauntlets that let her do whatever the hell she pleased.

I don't know how long we were in there. We were there for at least twenty-four hours. We had a demonstration of ability. By that time we mastered our weapons of choice and... Well, we became machines at that time. A raid alarm or something went off and we went to report to Schmidt. Fully confident in our abilities he gave us a troop and told us to kill every man in our way. No one could know kids were Hydra's alleged weapons of mass destruction. So we had Elsie hide in the woods. Sabrina has a natural instinct to lead and had the natural trait to do so. We followed her. And we succeeded. We arrived at some little village not too far away. They were Nazis overjoyed with the feeling of victory. The four of us found it odd. When we returned, I showed them the files I had stolen from an archive room in the base. It was every Mutt but Sabrina, Zoe, and Heidi. We figured those three's files were in Schmidt and Zola's possession.

The next morning, as Emerson has told me, the two were both up early and something to note is that Sabrina never missed a shot unless she wanted to. Emerson said something, she gave a warning, Emerson said something again, she gave a lesson.

We later received an in-depth explanation and briefing of our mission. Who Steve Rogers was and our first definitive answer on what this program really was. Hydra made it seem like this giant mystery to be solved. It was only to distract us from the real issue at hand; Genocide.

We never knew about it until we were recovered by Allies. These children, the MUTT Children, the MUTT Program was an attempt to weed out any faulty children from the system. There was something wrong with every MUTT.

~

"And I'm assuming you want an elaboration?" J.

"For the record, sure." S.

"Ada and Aldrik were British, Sabrina was formerly mobility challenged, Emerson had a Jewish mother, Mathias' uncle was a French spy, Stefan's mother defected to the Allies, Elsie didn't complete her Initiation, and Zoe's parents died in concentration camps for being Jewish rescuers." J.

"And you?" S.

"As a girl, I would have had to wear an inverted black triangle." J.

~

Then came the first disappearance: Zoe Müller. Mathias never joined us. Not that anyone else noticed but he never did. He went to try to save Zoe's life. We didn't know that. Zoe came in from her briefing and zipped to her room. We said goodbyes, unsure of her fate and she slipped into Sabrina's room.

We went back for more training and this time specialized in killing Captain America. We analyzed every move he makes, recognized patterns, and practiced counter attacks. It was the first of hundreds. Even by our first practice, we mastered every counter.

Captain Rikards told us none of the children in that room would be the same. And he was right.