CHAPTER 15

"I didn't thought to be introduced so unexpectedly" Jin said as he rested his head on his arm in my table. He probably feels just exactly how I felt during and after I met his family. I closed my laptop after the video call ended as a grin grew on my face seeing an all red Jin just like a tomato, it's so cute.
"What did you came here for again?" I asked, didn't really hear him back then because I too was nervous to introduce him so suddenly. He snapped his head up, looking full of excitement.
"Please spend Christmas with us~" he said, pouting. I can't help but to feel a blush creeping up my face. I didn't respond, looking at him with a smile I'm forcibly hiding as I bite my lower lip and eventually gave in to a wide toothy smile.
"I don't see why not." I tilted my head on the side, teasing him. We both broke into grins and smiles, pinching each other's cheeks showing how fond we are of each other.
"Get ready now. We'll go in an hour." He said as he stood up and headed for the door.
"This early?" I asked as I looked at my phone for the exact time and it's still 9 in the morning.
"We're gonna go to the mall first." He smiled and opened the door. Before he could close it, he winked. And I could just shake my head in disbelief.
As much as I hate morning showers, I have to be presentable in his family's presence. I lazily stood up from the chair and forced myself to hop on the uncomfortably warm water. I managed to finish up quickly to lessen the torture and contemplated in life as I looked over my closet. 'It's unfashionably boring' I sigh. Then I remembered the other dresses Jen unnie and I bought and picked a much simpler casual dress. I was finishing up my makeup when I heard a knock on my door.
"Yes?" I replied
"You ready?" Jin asked from the other side of the door.
"Come in." he did as I told, "Just a sec." I was busy blending my lip tints; I didn't even bother to look at him and wondered why he was silent. I just thought maybe he was admiring my beauty. [lol] Finally, I stood straight and looked at him smiling, almost blushing but not that obvious.
"What?" I blinked at him, starting to feel embarrassed thinking I looked ridiculous at my outfit.
"It's a couple incident I guess." He said as he broke into a wide grin.
I was confused to what he was talking about until I looked at his outfit with seemingly familiar colors. He wore a white sweater, black pants, and black shoes while hanging in his arm is a light brown long cardigan for the cold weather outside. I looked back in the mirror and saw a similar pattern of color. I was wearing a long sleeved dress that looked like a two piece outfit where the upper part was white and the skirt part was black. I also had black flats on and was preparing a light brown coat that ends just below my knees. It's too much for a coincidence.
"Did you peek on me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.
"Why would I want to see you naked?" he makes a disgusted face
"Meanie." I frowned, showing a sad pout.
"What? Do you want me to see you naked?" he raised a brown, showing a mischievous smile.
"No!" I put a shocked face, while attempting to cover my body.
"I thought so." He grinned victoriously, "Come on now, let's go." He gestured his head to the door and went outside first then I followed. There was no noise in the dorm, indicating the coast is clear. We were already in his car when I thought of an important problem. I widen my eyes as I faced him, halting his hands from inserting the car key.
"What?" his eyes also widen in shock
"Someone will definitely see us. And you can't be seen in the crowd. Oh my God why didn't I thought of this earlier." I leaned back on my seat as I face palmed my face until I heard him sigh in relief.
"I thought you left your purse or something." He smiled as he lowered his head and shook in disbelief.
"What? This is serious." I looked at him deadpanned and back to face palming when I felt his body heat near me. I thought he was gonna do something which made my heart race but when I looked at him, he was reaching for something at the back. I stayed still, curious and flustered. He sat back, now a paper bag on his possession. I just looked at him in wonder as he passed some cloth at me.
"You really thought this through huh?" I asked as I smiled at him and at the cute face mask on my hand, it was pink and I also saw him wearing the same one. I wore mine as he put some glasses on.
"Can we go now?" he looked at me, even though I can't see it, his eyes showed the smile. And I did the same as I nodded.
The travel to the mall was quick considering the surprisingly quite light traffic. And I can't help but feel anxious as we got out of the car in the parking lot. We walked side by side until we reached the elevator; I kept looking from side to side feeling like a bodyguard on duty as we stepped inside with my heart thumping fast even though there were only 3 people inside. I almost choked on air when I felt his hands intertwine in mine. It was getting hot inside but the elevator thankfully opened.
I still don't know where we're going and why we even went here. He dragged me into the department store and stopped on kitchen wares. I was curious but didn't want to question him, maybe just waiting for him to tell me himself. He picked up quite expensive cooking ware and turned to me.
"Do you think Eomma will like this?" he looked at me, with my eyes still wide from the sudden action.
"uhh...yea, I think so. Given that she likes cooking." It just sank in that we were buying Christmas gifts. I eye smiled, hoping he could see my sincerity through the face mask.
"hm, we'll get this then." He said, I didn't really think he'd follow my advice.
We went deeper inside the department store where we passed by the men's section and the piling shirts made me think of my dad. We walked further until we reach a section full of watches with brands either I knew would be expensive and some I don't even know because of rarity.
"Can I look at these please?" Jin asked the woman who has been eyeing him. I think he's so handsome even his eyebrows can attract anyone. I looked around to distract myself from jealousy and my eyes landed on a shining and shimmering section.
"Babe?" I said loud enough for the woman to hear even though I was cringing in my toes. Jin looked at me who was actually surprised at the sudden nickname, "I'll just go over there." I said, pointing somewhere with no direction and he just nodded.
I went to the unusually glittering section and feasted my eyes with the glowing things right in front of me. There were necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets and other jewelries ever imagined. I made my way to a glass casket absentmindedly, being blinded by the jewels.
"Hi ma'am, would you like to try some on?" the woman said in a welcoming way, making my eyes shine in delight.
"Can I just try them?" I asked the woman expectedly, and she nodded as she fetches a display of silver ring.
"Try this one. It's simple and conveniently thin." She said as I admired it more and decided to put it in my middle finger which fits perfectly for me, "it suits you ma'am" she smiled
"Thank You. I really like it." I blushed as I continued to admire it.
"The design resembles two hands that hold the small pink jewel between. It's a promise ring. It doesn't matter if it's a promise for some or from someone, it can also serve as a promise ring for one's self to be better, to be happy, or whatever you like." She explained
"You're right..." I snap out my fantasies "Thank you for the experience, maybe I'll come by next time and see if it's still available." I smiled as I was slipping the ring off my finger.
"Hey, what's that?" Jin suddenly stood beside me, eyeing my finger. I jumped in surprise and hurriedly removed the ring and gave it to the woman.
"Nothing." I looked at him nervously as his eyes still darting somewhere, I turned back to the woman and said "Thank you miss" and bowed as I dragged Jin away.
"Where are we going?" he asked
"I have to buy something. Did you buy a watch?" I asked, still dragging him by the arm.
"Yes. But I still have to buy a gift bag." He said and we halted, now standing face to face.
"Oh. Uhm, How about you buy those and I'll just be at the Men's Section?" I suggested.
"Okay. See ya!" he nodded and waved with bags of purchased on his hands.
I went to the Men's Section, searching for a perfect gift for my dad. I already have something for my mom and sister, considering we're all girls, I just bought them beauty kits. I'm now strolling near polo shirts and a brand caught my eye 'Gucci'. I smirked thinking how I'd be able to spoil my parents this time around. I proudly bought one and aimlessly walked away from the cashier. I fished my phone out to contact the lost Jin.
Where are you?
Handsome Student: walking
To where?
Handsome Student: to you
Ok, I'll wait near the cashier.
Handsome Student: I know

I wondered maybe he saw me so I looked up to search for a tall, handsome person with beautifully sculptured broad shoulders. I was about to scoot over the corner when I people were starting to line up at the Cashier but a rather familiar eyes met mine. We stared at each other until he decided to walk closer and I almost panicked when I recognized him.
"Y/n?" he called. Now I confirmed it really is him.
"Y-yoongi." I laughed nervously for some reason.
"Are you with your unnie?" he looked around which made me look around as well as I thought of some excuse.
"Ah...no, I was just buying some gifts" gesturing at the paper bag in hand "I'll go there afterwards" I smiled, hoping it convinced him.
"Oh. Good. I was wonderin..." he scratched the back of his neck as he looked somewhere else, "can you help me buy gifts?" he asked, finally looking into my eyes. I stared for a moment, blinking to process his words.
"Uhh..." I looked down at my phone, no messages.
"It's okay if you're busy."
"No!" shit "I'll help" I smiled nervously at my decision.