CHAPTER 2

It has been weeks since my date with Shin Haneul, and he haven't contacted me ever since. My work mates have been pestering me on what did I do to make the dates go away without any murder being reported. But I'd just get away by reasoning on just how ugly I am and maybe I'm just not meant to be happy. I was just acting and they will go full mode pity on me. Relieved to be free from their setup, I sat on my office's desk, checking on some building plans for the company's upcoming project.

I was so into working that my friends had to barge into my office and drag me out for lunch. We went to a restaurant nearby, where we were regulars and would ask for discounts whenever the lady on duty is in good mood, which she is today. After the food was ordered, we had to wait and it gave my friends the opportunity to pester me again. I really thought I'm done with this. I sighed.
"Haven't he really contacted you yet?" he asked curiously, as if he knows something.
"I told you already hyung, No. he wouldn't okay?" I said, showing them an annoyed expression
"No lies? You don't have pride anyways." Another hyung said.
I showed him an insulted face and said "Wow hyung! It hurts" and clutched my heart as if I was really hurt. And the food came.
"Sorry, sorry. Here," he sighed in defeat as he placed an extra meat on my plate. And I grinned in victory!
"Thank you, hyung! Saranghae!" I put a crying face and held a finger heart before shoving my mouth with food, "why are you all so persistent anyways?" I asked mouth full. They were silent for a moment.
"It's just... I want you to find someone already okay? Just tell us if he texted or something." He said and as if on cue, my phone buzzed and I uninterestedly checked it on the lock screen with BTS on it as wallpaper.

Message: hey, it's Shin Haneul. Remember me?

I was swallowing my food when I read the message. I choked. One hyung gave me coke, one hyung offered me soju, and the other hyungs just panicked. I would've been dead if Jen unnie didn't give me her water and patted my back hard. I would've choked to death. That would be the worst cause of death ever recorded. I finally calmed down and they started to bombard me with questions.
"Why what happened?" a hyung asked, "did something happen?" another hyung asked, "who texted?" another one asked, "is it your family?" and another. "Yah! Let her speak" Jen Unnie silenced them.
"It's Shin Haneul" I sighed.
"YES! I KNEW IT! FINALLY! Did you reply?" the hyungs celebrated and Jen unnie could just shake her head in disbelief.
"Not yet. Wait." I said and composed a reply.

Shin Haneul

Hey, it's Shin Haneul. Remember me?

​​​Yes, of course. How'd you get my number?

Your workmate.
Uhm, y/n, can I ask for a favor?

Ah I see. If I can, then sure.

You know that I work at an entertainment agency right?
And I am kind of part of staff recruitment...

Mhm? What can I do with it?

I kind of need you to work for my company.

What?

I'll explain the details, can we meet up tonight?

Okay, I really need some details. Where do we meet?

Okay. The same café we went on our date. When's your out?

I can check out anytime. We can meet around 7 maybe. See ya then?

Ok, 7. Thank you. see ya.

Well, that was unexpected. It bewildered me that I didn't realize the others were staring at me, waiting for me to fill in their blank, clueless minds. I placed my phone back at the table and their eyes followed it and went back up to look at me eye-to-eye. I scanned their faces one by one and sighed.
"He just asked for a favor." I finally spoke
"Eh?" they all said in unison "what favor?" Jen unnie asked.
"He wants me to work part-time at the company he's working. I think he needs more staff." I said scratching my ear, unsure of what I said.
They seemed to be contented of my reply, but disappointed that I wasn't asked for another date. After lunch, we headed back at the office and I went straight to my office to finish my business before I could go out tonight. I just don't want to be somewhere without finishing my work, it'll just bother my thoughts, and destroy my night. Time passed by fast, and it's almost 6:30. I wrapped up my work and collected my things before I went out to head for the café.