Aftermath

Hailey's pov

"How are you going to make a video of something that didn't happen?" Emily whispered. I mean she had a point, it never happened but no one would believe Henry if he denied it. As long as this video came out that is...

"Well I have a friend, I just need to stop at his place after school, do you mind tagging along?" I told her. She nodded her head slowly before rattling off ideas for our social studies project that we were supposed to be working on.

"Um Hailey...?" Emily asked slowly

Glancing her way due to the oddness in her voice, she sounded almost shy... Or embarrassed , "yeah, what's up?" I asked, awaiting her response

"I think...err...I think we should just have sleepovers until this project is done... Not for fun... I mean we'd have
More time to work on it... For the sole purpose of work... I think..." She stuttered out slowly.

'Aww' I thought, 'she looks so cute when she's embarrassed! She's even blushing!' Remembering her question I looked her in the eye before thinking a little, she hadn't really talked about her parents that much, and she didn't ask them about sleeping over or coming to my house after school. Finding that a little weird I asked "don't you have to ask your parents? If they're ok with it, it's fine with me." I told her before quickly adding "but I don't have a spare bed that's clean, so I guess you'll have to sleep in mine." I said with a wink. Of course that was all a lie, my house had tons of rooms, I only told her that because I like sleeping with her... I feel happier around her.

Looking over I saw her staring ahead avoiding eye contact, the expression on her face broke my heart. "My mom..." She started, "Um she's... Always at work?" She said, almost like a question. Something about her family was off. I couldn't tell what, but there was definitely something.

"Ok, my house it is." I said, half thinking about how to cheer her up, half thinking about her family. Just then the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day.

"Off to your house." She said looking slightly happier as she grabbed my hand and pulled me off to where
My car was parked.

'Yeah.' I thought to myself 'off to my house. Where this firecracker was going to sleep for over a week. Looking at the recent events that have occurred... Maybe this was a bad idea.' If only I had thought of that sooner...
----------------------------------------------

I thought I was going to drop this story, but after hearing from a couple of you guys I decided that as long as people were still reading, I'd write.

Also, if you see any part of this story anywhere else, could you please let me know?? I would hate for someone to steal a story they didn't write...

Anyways, another chapter!! :)
Comment! Vote!