Chapter 54

'' This is all your fault, '' I muttered with annoyance, frowning at my ginger hair that was now all messed up and sticked together, smelling like fresh watermelons. There were squished oranges still attached to my arms, legs and in a really awkward way on my ass too. '' Why is this still on my head?! '' I suddenly yelled and grabbed the peel of the watermelon that was placed on my head like a helmet and threw it at Nai. 

He screamed with surprise and staggered away, then he began apologising again: '' How many times do I have to say that I am sorry? I know that I am supposed to be an air magician, but my flying skills aren't the best... Natsu, please forgive me. If you do, I swear I'll buy you a lime cake that they sell in an amazing pastry shop that I know! '' 

I instantly raised my head and looked at him with excitement. I didn't really want anything, I was just in a really bad mood, but I wasn't going to complain about the cake. '' Really? Lime cake? '' My eyes sparkled with excitement and I began drooling at the thought of the pastry shop that Nai was talking about. The people that we were passing when we were walking down the street stared at me weirdly, but that was obviously because I looked so attractive, not because I was drooling and staring somewhere in a creepy way. '' Do they have a fig and almond cheesecake? I can't find it anywhere... '' I sighed and lowered my head with disappointment. '' My sister and I didn't have the typical relationship, but we knew each other well and I listened to her every time she wanted to talk about something, while she always brought me fig and almond cheesecakes from a pastry shop in Tokio. ''  

Nai suddenly grabbed my hands and looked at me, grinning widely. '' They do! '' he said with happiness. '' I've definitely seen the fig and almond cheesecakes on their menu, Natsu! ''  

I blinked, then I smiled at him, a little because I was happy that they actually had the cake that I wanted to eat and because he looked really funny with red stains on his blonde hair because of the strawberries he squished when we landed in that fruit stand in level 24.  

'' We can all go together there sometimes! You, me, Tsuki, Mero, Waru, Karoku and even Kei if he won't be too busy! I've discovered that pastry shop only a while ago and I've always wanted to bring all of my friends there! '' he continued, tossed his head on one side and showed me a closed eyed smile. 

I stared at him for a few moments, feeling really touched about the way he always stayed like that, so excited about life and always looking at the good things in everything, different from me that instantly remembered what we were actually doing in level 1. But I still nodded and showed him a thumbs up. '' We'll surely all go there once, Nai! '' I happily told him. Then I suddenly heard a familiar sound and instantly got serious, slowly narrowing my eyes with concentration. The next moment I pulled my sword out, raised it over my head and sliced with it through the air, killing the wasp that was flying closer to me, attracted by the smell of the fruit that I was covered with it. Nai jumped back and stared at the dead wasp with shock while I put the sword on my back again and casually smiled, like it was nothing: '' Not today, wasp. Not today... Anyway, if you really want all of us to go that pastry shop, Nai, we must do something else first. I have no idea where to start looking for Arashi, so let's ask the people on the streets. ''  

He nodded. '' Consider it already done! '' 

We both rushed in different directions, describing the way Arashi looked to the people on the streets. For the first hour we had zero luck and I was starting to get worried, I felt strange, like we were running out of time. Then Nai and I went to the opposite side of town and there actually the first person that we asked instantly confirmed seeing Arashi with two different people that fit the description of Kaito and Renshou.  

'' Where did they go? '' I asked the woman that confirmed seeing them. 

Her eyes widened with surprise at the look on my face, then she nervously pointed at a smaller street that leaded away from the main one. '' In that direction. ''