Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"What the fucks going on downstairs?" I repeated.

"The old ass man hands keeps inching up Aija's legs. She looks like she bouta kill his ass, hurry the fuck up." He yelled.

"Ima kick his ass when this is over." I told Delonda as I began searching through the drawers.

"I don't give a fuck. I'll help." She replied digging through the file cabinets.

We searched through every drawer in the office and we didn't find anything that said that David set up Delonda's brother.

"We've been through everything in this damn room and nothing is giving us a clue." I told Delonda.

She sigh, "I know." I pat her shoulder and started to leave the room. Aija's downstairs with a old ass perv and I need to check on her. As we were putting the papers back into order something by the couch caught my eye. I went to the couch and moved it away from the wall.

I started tapping the walls until I heard what sounded like nothing was there. I looked closely and seen that the wallpaper had lines that formed a large square.

"Delonda look." I called. She came on side of me and examined the wall.

"We need to open this and see what's behind it." She said. I nodded, "Find me something sharp." She went to the desk and searched for something sharp enough for me to pry the wall open.

She came back with a huge knife. What the fuck is he doing with a knife in his office? I took the knife and began prying the wall open. Once it was off we set the square wall on the floor.

When I looked inside I noticed that there were a bunch of papers. I pulled them out and began scanning the papers. Page upon page there were emails between David and someone named Barbara Sullivan. The emails didn't say anything about Delonda's brother, but they did show that David maybe has another child.

I sigh. We put the papers back and put the wall back. We placed everything back in order the way it was and then left the room. We walked down the stairs and Delonda grabbed my hand as we got closer to the dining room.

What I seen when I walked in had me seeing red. David had Aija on the table and he was in between her legs. His hands were wrapped around her neck. I ran and pulled him off of her. When he turned around to me I pulled my right arm back and socked the fuck out of him. When he hit the ground I got in top of him and repeatedly hit him.

All I seen was red. This motherfucker had the audacity to put his fucking hands on what's mines. Nah. It ain't going down like that. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and it was Aija who was crying heavily.

I picked her up bridal style and walked out the house with Delonda following me. We got into the car and I let Delonda drive. I held my baby as we drove home and kept wiping her tears away as more fell. Pulling up to the house I got out and walked to the front door.

Opening the door I walked up the stairs and into our bedroom. I pulled her clothes off and put on one of my shirts on her. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead. I wiped her tears and held her. I should've been quicker looking through the files. No, scratch that I never should've left her downstairs with a fucking perv.

But why was he choking her? That wasn't a kinky choke, that was an I want to kill you choke. I sigh. I kiss Aija one more time before leaving out the room. I stopped in Ava's room and seen her in her crib sleeping I walked up to her and kissed her forehead.

I then headed to the guest room to check on my grandma, who stayed and watched Ava as we handled business. When I walked in my grandma was up.

"Hey baby. How did everything go?" She sat her bible down and took her glasses off.

I sigh, "Not good. We didn't find any evidence, not that I thought we would. The worst part of tonight was the old perv rubbing on Aija all night and then him choking her." She gasped, "My god." She sat there for a minute before she got up.

She walked over to me and slapped fire out of my mouth. I held my lip, "Why'd you hit me?" I yelled.

"Yell at me again Jayceon Jamal Daniels!" She yelled holding her hand back up. Don't judge me, but I flinched. My grandma mean business when she raise her hand.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"You were supposed to protect her." She said.

I sigh, "Grams don't you think I know that. I already feel bad about it. I never should've dragged her into this, it's my fault any of this happened." I sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands.

I felt Grams sit on side of me and wrap her arm around me, "Should you have involved Aija? No. She's the mother of your child and the love of your life and she shouldn't be in this mess. But was it your fault what happened? No. Absolutely not. You couldn't have predicted what would've happened. Don't beat yourself up baby." She kissed my head and laid back down in bed. I kissed her cheek and left the room.

I walked downstairs and seen the whole crew down there.

"How's she holding up?" Delonda asked as I sat down.

"She's asleep. But, I know she's not gonna be good with this." I replied. Everyone was quite for a few before a question popped into my head.

"Wait. Where the fuck were you guys when you were supposed to be watching her?" I asked everyone except Delonda.

"That's what we need to tell you. Somehow the cameras that we set up got cut off and we tried to fix them but they didn't work. Then when I went to the mic to tell you about it, all I heard was static." Tyler said standing up.

"I thought y'all had some good shit." I said.

"We did. We think something interfered with the mic and someone cut the camera connection off." Keith input.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"We think David's been onto you guys since the beginning. He knows that y'all are looking to take him down and he had help tonight." Mia said.

Well damn. If it ain't one thing it's another.

*****

What do you think happened between David and Aija?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Vote and comment!

Sorry, I know this chapter sucks. I'm trying to figure out where I'm going now with the story line.

Thanks for reading my loves ♥️💋