The Community Center

It was late at night, and Sebastian was walking back from the Stardrop Saloon to go smoke for a bit at the mountain lake by his home before going to bed: his usual Friday night. On his route back, the blackette found himself pausing at the old community center. Onyx eyes slowly drew up the old weathered walls, his eyes narrowing slightly as they finally caught onto the window. There was a light coming from inside...

Now, Sebastian wasn't a scaredy cat. In fact, he considered himself more of a skeptic about everything, simply because, unlike some other people, he was particularly good at deducing the real from the fraud, and he was pretty sure ghosts didn't exist (but then again, he had been proven wrong before). As summer was drawing to a close, he remembered hearing Mayor Lewis mention the possibility of selling the community center (and all of the land) to Joja Corp.

It could have always just been a Joja "Team Member" poking around and scoping the place out. After all, it really wasn't that hard of a place to sneak into, considering he, Sam, and Abigail used to do it all of the time as children. However, something about letting someone from that shady company snoop around his childhood haunts got him a little worked up, and he (while being by no means a vigilante) felt like questioning whoever was inside. The least he could do was tell them to wait until broad daylight for their breaking and entering.

The blackette first moved to try the front door. It was highly unlikely that it was unlocked considering Mayor Lewis was the only person with keys, but he wanted to try it just in case he didn't have to somehow climb through a window to get inside. Much to his surprise, when he put his hand on the door, it swung open with little resistance. "It's... unlocked...?" As he muttered to himself, he began to realize just how dark it was inside the community center. Sebastian wouldn't have said it out loud, not even if it was just to himself, but to see the place (even in the dark) so run down and decrepit was a little disheartening. He could barely remember the days when he was a kid and even before his mom had remarried, when the Community Center was where everyone in town gathered for events and town member's birthdays... honestly anything someone could think up, you could bet that they were hosting an event for it at the Community Center. He had no idea when the shift had happened to where no one used the community center anymore, but it didn't really seem right to let the building become this disheveled.

Remembering his initial reason for stepping inside the old halls, Sebastian turned, his hands placed firmly into the pockets of his jeans as he found a source of light coming from one of the rooms to the left. Walking forward, he had to briefly use a hand to shield himself from the harsh contrast in light from the room to that of the dark hallway, but when his eyes adjusted and he put down his hand, a light gasp left his lips. The room was, well... as he remembered it. As a child he could remember the layout of Craft Room well, though he wondered now how it was possible that all of the old furnishing and everything could have returned as if the place had never grown old and been abandoned. There was, however, one discrepancy between his memories and the look of the room, and that happened to be a certain farmer who was sitting on the ground with a book in hand. At his gasp, she was startled slightly, quickly closing the book and returning it to one of the shelves, the brunette sheepishly smiled at him, rubbing the back of her neck as she approached.

"Hey Sebastian, what brings you here?" Her voice wasn't exactly guilty-sounding, more so embarrassed in the fact that he had startled her. The young adult rose an eyebrow at her, his piercing dark eyes studying her figure.

"I just came to inspect why a light was on in the Community Center so late," he didn't mention how he had just been at the Stardrop Saloon, in fear of providing her the wrong connotation. It didn't really need to be said either. "I could ask you the same question..." he gazed around the space in slight awe, even going so far as to walk forward and gently lay his hand upon the familiar wallpaper. "What... how does this look...-"