Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Little one… Come to me… let me turn you…” 

Yugi tossed and turned in his sleep, unable to feel the pain it caused him in this deep sleep.

“You won’t regret it… Come to me…”

Yugi was in a world of darkness, the voice of Yami echoing all around him. It was putting his mind into a trance, but there was a little shred of himself that tried to fight it.

“Stop trying to fight… Come to me…”

“No! I will not! I will stay and I will fight!”

Yugi heard Yami chuckle at what he had said. Yugi couldn’t see where Yami was, until a light seemed to turn on and the darkness was enveloped with light.

“Just walk forward… Come closer…”

The vampire was sitting in a throne made of the bones of the Slayers he had killed.

“I have your friend… She can join my collection…”

Phoenix appeared in the corner tied up in bright silver chains. She seemed virtually dead to Yugi.

“What have you done to her?”

“Join me Yugi… Join me and I will let her live…”

Involuntarily, Yugi took a few steps towards the vampire.

“That’s it Slayer… Come forward and join me…”

Yugi continued to move forward, his mind screaming trying to tell his legs to stop moving. He was now standing before the vampire. Yami stepped down from his throne and was face to face once again with the Slayer.

“Stand by my side for eternity. We will be unstoppable.”

Yugi’s mind was screaming for him to run away from this vampire, but another part of him wanted to stay.

“I will stand by your side.” Yugi said shockingly even to himself.

“Very well but I can’t call you Slayer anymore.” Yami said as he bit down on Yugi’s neck.

“Ah!” Yugi nearly screamed as he quickly sat up in the infirmary bed, ignoring the pain it caused.

Yugi ran his hand along his neck to make sure that what he had just felt was a dream, and it was just a dream.

‘It felt so real though.’ Yugi thought, his heart racing a mile a minute.

He looked around the room and saw that no one else was there but him. Yugi couldn’t believe how real that dream felt, and it seemed like Yami had been calling out to Yugi during the dream for real.

“Come to me Slayer… Come to me…”

Yugi felt like he could still here those lingering words even now that he was awake.

‘Maybe Yami is trying to lure me there.’ Yugi thought and he heard those words again.

“I have her Yugi… Let me turn you and she will live…”

“No! I will not let you turn me!” Yugi yelled, hoping that Yami would be able to hear him since he didn’t have this kind of ability like Yami apparently did.

“Come to me… Come be by my side… Forever…”

This was driving Yugi crazy. Some part of him did want Yami to turn him so that they could be together forever, but the Slayer part of Yugi wanted to kill the vampire and make sure that all the Slayers that died at the hands of Yami got the unknown satisfaction that a Slayer killed him.

“Please, just leave me alone.” Yugi barely whispered.

“Little one… Come to me… Don’t cry… I want you to be mine forever…”

Yugi didn’t even realize he was crying. He just wanted Yami’s mind torment to end.

“Please leave me alone…” Yugi whispered because his voice couldn’t get any louder.

There was no response and Yugi hoped that the vampire’s mind torment ended finally. He didn’t try to go back to sleep because he didn’t want to have a continuation of the dream he had before.

There was a knock at the door. “Slayer, can I come in?”

“Enter.” Yugi said and his vampire friend, Bakura stepped in.

“I heard what happened with the Slayer in training.” Bakura said. A guard was behind Bakura and was watching his every move. “Ryou wanted me to tell you that he knows a way to get in and out of the Zoha Sector and that the Leader wants you take some extra training to prepare.”

“Thank you.” Yugi said and with that, Bakura left and the guard did too.

Not a minute later, a nurse stepped in and unhooked Yugi from the machines that Yugi didn’t even realize he was hooked up to. The nurse discharged Yugi and told him to report to the training grounds.

‘I wonder why I need extra training since I already surpassed all but one of the Slayers in training.’ Yugi thought.

It didn’t take long for Yugi to reach the training grounds and once he got there, he was greeted by Slayer Nova.

“Ready for your training?” Nova asked and directed Yugi over to one of the chairs in the room.

“What kind of training is this?” Yugi asked when he sat down. He turned around and saw that a few of the remaining scientists where there as well.

“We concurred that the only way for you to rescue Slayer Phoenix is to have the ability of destroying the zombies that control the Zoha Sector.” One of the scientists said.

“Meaning what?” Yugi asked as one of the scientist attached a few cords to Yugi’s arms. Yugi looked over and saw the exact same ones were being attached to Nova as well.

“We are going to give you the same power as Slayer Nova so you can get in and out of the Zoha Sector with ease.” Another scientist said.

Yugi seemed surprised at this. “I thought you said they didn’t know you had the ability to destroy the zombie hoards?”

Nova shrugged. “I thought they didn’t. Apparently though they had a video recording of me destroying that one hoard you ran into.”

“So you’re okay with this?” Yugi asked.

“You should know what is going to happen though because I have an unlimited amount of power.” Nova said. 

“What will happen?” Yugi was getting worried now.

“As you may be aware of, Slayer Nova here harbors a half-demon, half-angel and phoenix.” One of the scientists holding a clipboard said. He was flipping through it as he was talking. “We are going to transfer a good amount of the power of those things to you, which in turn will cause slight pain if you don’t burn into dust. A smaller version of a phoenix will harbor inside of you along with a smaller version of Nova’s half-demon, half-angel.”

“So you are saying I’m just going to be like a copy of him?” Yugi asked.

“If you survive.” Nova said calmly.

“Wait I don’t want to do this!” Yugi nearly yelled trying to get the cords off of him.

“Too late.” A scientist said and flipped a switch that started the transformation.