"Don't apologise. I was about to do same thing."

I put my hand on Reece's cheek. I hated seeing him like this. He didn't deserve it. I stood up and got some toilet paper and started dabbing away the blood.

"Ah." Reece cried out.

Reece put his hand on my arm and tried pulling my arm away.

"Reece, I need to clean it." I said softly.

"It hurts." Reece said quietly.

"I know," I said kissing him on the forehead. "Just try think about something else."

The wound was just below his lip on the left side. I cleaned all the blood off it. I had a closer look and saw his tooth had gone completely through his lip.

"You need to go to the hospital." I said, wiping away his tear.

"I'll be fine."

"Reece your tooth went through your lip, you need stitches." I said, helping him stand up.

We started walking to the nurses office. I took Reece's hand again, this time intertwining our fingers.

"Don't." Reece said pulling his hand away.

"Reece stop this." I said turning around to face him. "You didn't start the fight, Brent did. You were protecting Blake."

"If I hadn't said anything he wouldn't've hit Blake again. I just made things worse." Reece said.

He tried to walk around me but I stopped him.

"You don't know Brent like I do. He was going to hit Blake again no matter what you said. He knew Blake wouldn't hit back, so he would've kept hitting him. But you hit him back and scared him. That's why he left us alone. You're the reason Blake's not in hospital."

Reece put his forehead on my shoulder. I pulled him into a hug and stayed there for awhile, letting Reece calm down. He pulled back and gave me a small smile. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'll buy you a new shirt." Reece said apologetically.

I looked down at my shoulder and saw blood on it.

"It's fine. You don't seem to understand Reece, I don't care if you ruin my clothes, or if I'm walking alone in the dark to make sure you're alright, I don't care what happens to me. As long as you're safe I don't care."

Reece lent in and kissed me on the cheek. He reached his hand up and wiped away the blood he had accidentally left on my cheek. I laughed. I intertwined our hands again and started walking to the nurses office again. When we reached the door Reece went to let go of my hand, but I held on tighter. Reece needed me, I wasn't going to let go of his hand just because someone might see. I saw nurse Bella with Blake.

"How are you, Blake?" I asked.

"I'll be alright, just bruised." Blake replied with a small smile.

"Just take it easy for the rest of today. You don't need to finish today, you can go home, just hand this to the principal." Nurse Bella said.