Chapter 53: The Awakening

Start from the beginning

Guard: "Hey!?"

Gurad2: "What are you doing?!" Then I hear some metal clanging, getting quieter over time. I walk out to the porch in front of my house.

Korra: "What's going on?" I ask the two guards. One of them points to the bottom of the stairs, and I see him, M/N rolling around at the bottom. "Oh my god! Did you guys seriously just let him fall down the stairs!" They both look at their feet. "AAHhh! Great, he's been up for 10 minutes and has already fallen down a flight of stairs! Nice one Korra, way to look out for him!" I scream as I airbend myself down next to him. He rolls over and looks up at me.

You: "Korra...?"

Korra: "Hey, are you alright?" I ask him.

You: "So..."

Korra: "So what? What hurts?"

You: "Stomach... So, hungry." Then he starts smiling, obviously trying to hold in a laugh.

Korra: "Ug! You idiot! What the hell?! I thought you were seriously hurt!"

You: "Awww..." I glare at him and he jumps back.

Korra: "Don't even start with me right now. I haven't seen you awake in a month and the first time I see you awake you're rolling around at the bottom of a flight of stairs! And then you have the balls to make a joke out of it!?"

You: "To be fair, it wasn't a joke I'm actually starving." He says chuckling to himself. "And you'd be surprised at what I have the balls to do." He says crossing his arms.

Korra: "Oh really? Do you have the balls to piss me off right now?" He puts his hands up.

You: "Ehhhh, that might be pushing it a bit." He says laughing. I turn around and begin walking back up the stairs. "Hey, come back here." I groan and walk back down to him.

Korra: "What, do you need help up?"

You: "N-, well, maybe." He says scratching the back of his head. "But that's not it... I missed you Korra... I, well, I had a lot of nightmares. About my family, and past enemies... I'm sorry I was gone so long..." He says looking down. "I, I never meant to hurt you... I wish I could have been there for you... I wish you didn't have to fight him, because of something I did..." He looks back up and I see a tear fall down his face. "I'm so sorry Korra, I'm so sorry that you had to get hurt, I-I wish I could have been there, if only I was stronger..." I feel my heart wrench seeing him like this, I do the only thing that came to mind. I lean in and kiss him, he seems shocked at first, but I feel his arms snake around my back and pull me closer to him. I wrap my own arms around his neck. We continue for a few minutes before I hear one of the guards clear his throat. I glare over at him and looks up towards the top of the stairs. I look up and see my parents and Katara standing there, all with warm smiles on their faces.

You: "Oh, shit."

Korra: "What's wrong? Are you embarrassed?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

You: "Am I gonna have to get "the talk?" My parents always said that if I ever dated a girl that her dad would talk to me about responsibility or something like that." What? I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his comment. He was so serious and scared about it. "Heeey... I'm serious."

Korra: "I know! That's what makes it so funny!" I say in between fits of laughter.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

1 Week Later

I stretch out behind Korra's house, I decided it's time I got back to training again. I start up slow but eventually work up to near full strength. That is until I hear Korra screaming at me.

Korra: "M/N!! What Do You Think Your Doing!?" She screams at me from the deck outside her room.

You: "Uhhh...? Training?"

Korra: "What did I say!?" I sigh and hang my head.

You: "No training until Katara says it's ok."

Korra: "Get up here! I can't hear you!" I groan and fly up onto the deck. "No training until Katara says. And that's final."

You: "Bu-"

Korra: "No Buts! You're going to hurt yourself if you train too hard too soon!" I groan and flop onto the bed.

You: "I hate this, I feel fine, why can't I-"

Korra POV

He stops talking and zones out mid-sentence.

Korra: "M/N? M/N!?" I run out to go get Katara.

Your POV

Ok what the hell? These sudden knockouts need to stop. This time I'm standing on a trail in a forest, yet, this place seemed eerily famili- Oh hell no. No way in hell am I turning that corner Gaea. Wake me up, now.

Gaea: 'No.' What the hell Gaea, why won't you? 'Face your fears.' Yea, I'm sorry but this one ain't happenin'. Then the forest and trail in front of me fade away. And I see the outline of a man standing in front of me, were standing on a cliff facing each other.

You: "So, I'm guessing you're the one who sent Valek?" It doesn't move or speak, but I know it said yes somehow. "So, you're Gaea's son then, Kronos, was it?" This time the figure nods. "So, I'm guessing you're going to try to kill me and Korra?" It doesn't move this time.

Kronos: "You may think you that you have lived through hell... But you have merely experienced a portion of it... I was born in it, molded by it... Your strength will betray you... Because the underworld belongs to me... And me alone... Peace costs strength, victory will be your defeat" Then the shadow disintegrates.

I open my eyes and see Korra and Katara standing over me.

You: "What happened? I feel like shit again." I say rubbing my head.

Katara: "M/N, what did you see?" She looks at me intent on getting an answer. I sigh and sit up.

You: "A badass. One that's going to kill us all."